Consultant at DelverveHR
Views:214 Applications:51 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:39
General Manager - Design - Pre-Construction (15-25 yrs)
Roles & Responsibilities :
- Candidate will be responsible to check the technical feasibility of the land to ensure that all possible evaluation is done such as soil investigation, piling, contour survey,ground coverage etc. before giving go ahead to Land acquisition /leasing team for further process.
- Responsible for the entire master planning layout including design/space planning/civil/structural and peb design with mep and allied services and doing detailed design for logistics parks/boxes post sign off from stakeholders and responsible for timely delivery of GFC drgs and contracts and suppliers to ensure construction timelines are not affected.
- Understanding project scope, specifications, timeline, estimation of resources, baseline planning INCLUDING MEP and other allied services
- Conducting site visits and gathering all project site relevant local data including logistic challenges, materials sources and rates, identifying local resources, etc.
- Involved into overall business integration, tendering new projects and business development
- Preparing & floating of tenders to contractors/sub-contractors and finalise/appoint them
- Planning material & developing vendors for obtaining timely procurement of materials
- Involved in the preparation of BOQ and checking & certification of bills
- Anchoring on-site construction activities to address any issues with respect to design and oversee and monitor progress of project within time & cost parameters
- Inspecting field sites to observe and evaluate condition and operability of facilities and structures
- Administering contracts and procurements to the full satisfaction of senior management and as per organizational goals
- Taking lead on technical aspects of new tenders and providing all technical inputs to the Tendering, Business Development, MEP, PEB units for various projects
- Tender cost estimation and budgetary controls
- Project detailing and co-ordination with the top management to establish the scope, timeline and budget
- Work closely with top management prepare weekly and monthly reports tracking and monitoring the progress including business plan.
- Contract formation in co-ordination with the company's contract cell
- Identification of potential vendors having similar experience
- Floating inquiries to potential vendors, receipt of proposals, proposal analysis, negotiation, management approval and award of contract
- MIS reporting to the top management
- Close co-ordination with the architect, structural engineer, technology providers, suppliers, etc. in terms of project requirement.
- Technical inputs to the Business development and tendering team on upcoming new opportunities
- Will also be responsible for front ending with various reputed customers within Warehousing/ Industrial Park to give them presentation on design as per their requirements and showcase our capabilities to incorporate their requirements, this should help in new business development as well and including pitching to new customers
- Work innovatively and always in line with current technology and abreast of future trends and work towards improving the margins and optimise cost.
- Create COE for design and construction standards.
- Actively involved for pitching to external customers and leading to business conversion.
Desired Candidate's Profile:
- Should have strong Pre-construction background, planning material & developing vendors for obtaining timely procurement of materials
- Should have expertise in design management, tender cost estimation and budgetary controls, floating inquiries to potential vendors, receipt of proposals, proposal analysis, negotiation, management approval and award of contract
- Expert in project monitoring and controls, MIS reporting to the top management, close co-ordination with the architect, structural engineer, technology providers, suppliers, etc. in terms of project requirement
- Responsible to provide technical inputs to the Business development and tendering team on upcoming new opportunities
- Should have excellent communication skills with flexibility to travel across PAN India, if need be, will have to station as per the project requirement
- Should be energetic and should have ability and spark to resolve problems and find solutions
- Exposure to P&L and driving business growth
Reporting to: CEO
Minimum Qualification: Graduate Engineer (CIVIL),Architecture
Age: 35 - 45 years
Targeted industry: Any Construction (Industrial and Warehousing will be preferred but not mandatory)