Principal Consultant at Fortune HR Consultant
Views:9689 Applications:408 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:345
General Manager - Compliance & Risk - BFS (10-17 yrs)
- Monitor, and as necessary, coordinates compliance activities of all departments to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities and provides reports on a regular basis to keep senior management informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
- Monitors the performance of the Compliance Program and related activities on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness.
- Managing and Maintaining Compliance Obligation Register - ensure coverage of all RBI Circulars in it.
- Identification of Compliance Risk in each business line, product and processes
- Map the identified risk to the various functions/departments and compute the inherent risk based on available controls through Test of Design and Test of Effectiveness
- Circulate instances of compliance failures along with preventive instructions
- Periodic inspection through Compliance Testing and review of audit findings on period basis.
- Ensure monitored findings are recorded in appropriate systems and follow-up with business management on the resolution and closure of open issues.
- Giving sign-off on process notes and documentation required for handling various retail asset activities.
- To assist to operate in accordance with all applicable regulations and protect the Bank from compliance and regulatory risks and enhance the reputation of the Bank and avoid reputation / financial loss.
- To support Head - Compliance on Compliance issues, Regulatory changes, Risks across retail asset functions.
- Ensuring compliance with the bank's internal policies, including adequate knowledge of them and documenting compliance as directed by RBI.
- Collaborate with Risk, IAD and handle RBI inspection and its effective closure
- Create Compliance culture in the organization by regular interaction with employees imparting knowledge through e-Circulars, Compliance Certification and Monitoring System, e-learning etc.
- Monitoring Fraud Investigations involving customer accounts and coordinating with investigations with appropriate internal and external resources.
Qualifications & Experience
- JAIIB/CAIIB are preferred.
- Experience: 10-12 years in any Commercial Bank, with minimum 5-6 years experience in Compliance/Regulatory/Risk/Audit/Corporate Control functions/Credit - Credit Mid Office, Back office.
- Knowledge of NRI accounts, familiarity with FEMA/RBI regulations, Inward/Outward remittances, Forex/Money changers activities, Inland Letters of Credit, Bills discounting, Bank guarantees, other Trade finance activities is desirable.