Founder & Principal Associate at rFactor Consultants
Views:1629 Applications:215 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:16
General Manager - Capex Procurement (12-15 yrs)
Client is a large Indian Company in Steel, Power, Cement.
Skills - Techno-commercial, procurement, Contracting, LC's/BG's
Job Description :
- Collaborate with site buyers to create & implement procurement strategies for CAPEX purchases.
- Effective work with domestic as well as international sites in cross cultural environment
- Ability to handle all types of Steel / Cement / Mining, etc equipment & contracts
- Identify & work on cost saving, Alternate vendor development, Payment term improvement etc. initiatives
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with suppliers while maintaining supplier quality standards to ensure the Company's quality requirements are met with each and every delivery. Lead evaluation of new suppliers and management of strategic key account (supplier) activities
- Coordinate on-going supplier management practices with internal customers to optimize financial and operational performance. Ensure high leverage in Supplier selection, approval, negotiations and performance management.-
- Contribute to the cost saving targets and working capital improvement goals through effective supply management including source selection, pricing negotiations, contract implementation and compliance measurement-
- Evolve sourcing and procurement processes based on category specific business or internal stakeholder requirements
- Provide leadership, development and expertise to the role for each CAPEX Project along with the professional manner of dealing with internal customers and suppliers, vendors & contractors.-
- Contract life cycle management - Engage with stakeholders to identify the most suitable supply solution for a given demand. Negotiate pricing, terms & commercial conditions of contracts and manage through the contract lifecycle.-
- Ensure value add to internal customers with focus on achieving quick turnaround times and maintaining high quality standards-
- Actively participate in Digital Transformation journey for SCM ( e.g. E-Procurement, SAP improvement etc.)
- Benchmarking the category performance across the industry and internally among other categories and remain current with market trends through relationships with suppliers and market experts.
- Manage strategic projects such as alternate vendor development for e-procurement, participate in regular cross-functional category team meetings as the strategic sourcing lead to make sourcing recommendations and highlights supply risks
- Essential Qualifications:
- B.E. /B.Tech Mechanical / Electrical
- MBA/Masters/PG Diploma in Supply Chain/ Material Management / CWA
Essential Experience :
- 12-15 years of experience in Capex procurement-
- Sound reporting and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, Strong in MS Excel, MIS creation
- Proven risk management skills in determining supplier selection
- Proven experience in sourcing suppliers and developing CAPEX category strategies-
- Superior negotiation skills and ability to influence key stakeholders
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.