Lead - Sourcing & Recruiting at General Electric
Views:516 Applications:151 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:143
General Electric - Lead/Specialist - Taxation/Tax Operations (8-11 yrs)
Role Summary/Purpose -
The GE Renewable Asia Hub is a cross-functional, cross-country structure covering C&R, Stat, Tax and other standardized processes. The Asia Hub Tax Team in India is a component of the broader Asia Hub and is responsible for tax operations in India for the GE Renewable Energy business. The tax team's scope includes preparation of all local tax returns
Essential Responsibilities -
Leadership & business interface
- Lead direct tax operations for GE Renewable Energy Hub - India across each of the Business Units, managing a team of 1-2 people
- Be single POC for business tax and finance teams for India direct tax matters.
- Ensuring the completeness and accuracy of the income tax returns and schedules prepared.
- Collection, preparation & analysis of financial data, legal documents and other relevant info required for local tax filings/ tax audits and any other statutory requirements.
- Provide audit support to external tax advisors including preparing reconciliations and collating requested information/documents.
- Prepare settlement of outstanding tax liabilities if necessary.
Internal accounting and processes
- Update eCompliance once the return is filed & upload filed documents electronically.
- Prepare/ review in-scope quarterly tax provision for businesses/divisions, annual RTA, perform ASC740 and ETR analysis, validate tax balance sheet accounts, coordinate with businesses and local tax team with respect to valuation allowance and FIN48 reserve analysis.
- Prepare / review CIT returns & reconciliations, including monthly/quarterly balance sheet reconciliations before the return is filed
- Assist with all tax operational matters and identify any compliance issues. Escalate matters to Tax Ops Leader for advice and resolution.
- Support ad hoc projects as required
Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Chartered Accountant (CA) qualification/ MBA or equivalent
- Written and verbal fluency in English
- At least 5-6 years of work experience of CIT/VAT/GST in large multinational/ Big 4 or Shared Service Centre
- Experienced in CIT/VAT/GST processes and compliance
- Intermediate to advanced MS Excel and Access
- Good communication skills
- Flexible approach with a strong team spirit
Desired Characteristics :
- Accountancy experience with knowledge of accounting systems; Oracle/SAP.
- Understanding of differences between USGAAP & Local STAT and between local tax & reporting currencies
- In-depth understanding of ETR rate drivers, including determining actions to report on and mitigate them in future.
- Awareness of multi-jurisdictional tax systems (US and non-US).
- Simplification and digital mindset.