Principal Consultant at Jubilant HR Consultant
Views:716 Applications:199 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:39
General Counsel - Legal - Digital Payments Firm - LLB (15-25 yrs)
Our Client is a front runner of the digital payments revolution in India, creating Internet-based payments products that enable consumers to make payments online in a friction-less manner. A product and service of over 10 years of market leadership, our client provides a single versatile, scalable payments platform for enterprise-wide electronic payments and collections, related reconciliation and settlement operations, across multiple delivery channels and using a wide range of payment methods.
About the role:
Our client is looking for a General Counsel to lead and build a team to support rapidly growing and evolving business of the Company. You should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with broad, generalist responsibilities with specialist legal subject skills in commercial law, regulatory matters pertaining to payments, data, privacy and RBI regulated businesses. Additionally, exposure to working in a listed company will be an advantage.
Candidates are expected to support business, using their legal expertise and knowledge in managing strategic and operational areas to ensure delivery and legal protection. This position will report to the Whole time Director of the Company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Your main responsibilities will cover a variety of legal issues concerning our payments and technology business. Amongst others, the following responsibilities apply to this position:
- Advising executive members on new laws, existing laws and legal rights that would impact functioning of the business;
- Manage and lead a team of professionals and to direct them to manage risk, contracting, compliance and reporting;
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts, keeping company & business interest at the forefront;
- Work with cross-functional teams including client business/legal representative to agree on the contractual requirements/ changes in existing process and/ or new workflows;
- To represent the Organization and its interests at public policy, industry and regulatory forums
- Liaise with business/ client representatives on inputs/terms to be agreed and drive legal negotiation with objective of having contract mutually agreed at and executed;
- Ensuring all commercial contracts are complete and in-force;
- Ensure timely and smooth completion of all audits i.e., statutory, internal, ISO etc;
- Keeping abreast of developments commercial awareness and business awareness;
- Secure compliance of business operations with relevant laws and regulations;
- Ability to deliver high-quality work under deadlines.
- University degree in Law from top tier Institute with strong academic credentials.
- CS degree will be an added advantage.
- Strong legal experience in corporate and commercial matters.
- Experience in interacting and managing external legal counsels.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English.
- Strong people and team management skills.
Candidate must have:
- 15+ years of relevant work experience preferably in payment companies/ banks/ fintechs.
- Experience in ensuring compliance in a listed company.
- Understanding of the RBI guidelines pertaining to payments, outsourcing, lending, etc.
- Exposure to laws and developments pertaining to payments, data and privacy.
- Excellent communication and drafting skills with an eye for detail.
- Leadership skills having ability to influence and engage with cross-functional teams.
- People skills to work with a diverse set of people within office as well as clients, customers and other industry partners.