HR at Impeccable HR Consulting
Views:1132 Applications:154 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:149
General Counsel - BFSI/IT (15-18 yrs)
Should be designated/heading SEBI Compliance Officer within their overall role of General Counsel.
- Provides legal counsel and guidance to the officers of the institution and other upper management on all legal matters relevant to a large public institution, including personnel law, policies, procedures, rules, and regulations, and laws pertaining to students, real estate transactions, contracts and grants, tax matters, worker's compensation, liability and insurance matters, public monies and purchases, affirmative action, and other laws and regulations
- Supervise Legal and also SEBI LODR Secretarial obligations for Equity listed entity
- Anticipates and identifies legal issues and counsels officers of the institution and other upper management in order to develop legal strategies and solutions, often in situations of great political, public relations, or financial risk or significance, and with limited time for assessing alternatives.
- Reviews, researches, interprets, and prepares both written and oral opinions on a wide variety of legal issues.
- Drafts, reviews, and approves policies and procedures, regulations, bylaws, and other legal documents.
- Reviews contracts, leases, and other legal documents; researches legal issues and recommends revisions as necessary.
- Represents or oversees the representation of the institution and upper management in judicial and administrative proceedings, and in negotiations with other state agencies.
- Designs, establishes, and maintains an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the organization's goals and objectives; oversees recruitment, training, supervision, and evaluation of unit staff.
- Develops and manages annual budgets for the organization and performs periodic cost and productivity analyses.
- Selects and retains outside counsel, as required, to obtain legal opinions or to handle claims and litigation.