HR Officer at Gear Inc.
Views:208 Applications:51 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Gear Inc. - Technical Director (5-20 yrs)
Gear Inc. is an American owned and operated Game Studios located in Hanoi and Danang, Vietnam, at the crossroads of Southeast Asia. A booming hub for innovation and a thrilling place to live and work!
We have an experienced, international team of developers working on top-grossing titles played by millions of casual and core gamers. We are growing our in-house projects and also collaborate with world-class partners like Scopely (WWE, Looney Toons, Star Trek..) on some exciting titles.
We hire exceptionally creative and talented people from all over the globe that bring experience and international standards to the table, but thats just the start!
Commitment to our people is our real strength and the key to our success.
- Company size: +500 employees
- For more information, please visit our:
+ Website: https://www.gearinc.com/
+ Facebook fan page: https://www.facebook.com/GearIncTeam/
Address: No. 125D, Minh Khai Street, Hai Ba Trung district, Hanoi, Vietnam
Phone: + 84 24 3972 8621
Address: No. 52, Nguyen Van Linh Street, Hai Chau District, Danang, Vietnam
Phone: +84 23 6358 8621
Gear Inc. - Where Work Is Play!
As a Technical Director, you will drive technical planning and execution on a cross-functional development team to build, launch, and support AAA mobile games. You will lead the engineering component of the team and provide direction to senior technical leads. In this key leadership role, you will work closely with other product leaders and technical partners as the technical subject matter expert for the team. Technical Directors balance strategic and tactical direction to deliver and maintain stable, scalable, cost-effective games with focused innovations.
As a Technical Director you will be required to:
- Set project technical standards and policies, define high-level architecture, processes and tools, and technical budgets
- Accountable for the games technical design and implementation. Through production and support as a live service
- Monitor and troubleshoot live service issues.
- Ensure the quality, performance, and stability of technical deliverables meet commitments
- Improve team efficiency through identifying bottlenecks and proposing solutions
- Identify and manage technical dependencies and risks
- Continuously review code, technical documentation and coding standards of the team
- Collaborate and manage partnerships with internal and external technical partners
- Implement and run release management for a live service
- Work as part of the product leadership team:
- Understand and help define the product vision and business needs
- Represent the project and team to stakeholders
- Balance technical, product, and business requirements with successful outcomes
- Empower and manage expectations for production & design
- Partner with Development Directors on development processes and project planning
- Conduct research necessary to achieve desired outcomes and evolve our technology
- Chance to work on big game development projects.
- Chance to work closely with both experienced Vietnamese and foreign experts.
- Attractive salary and benefits, international, fun and professional working environment
- An open and honest culture where people are valued, treated fairly and trusted and empowered
- Flexible working hours, we work 40 hours per week (Monday-Friday)
- 13th salary and additional bonus every year
- Lunch allowance and free drinks (coffee, tea, etc)
- Health Insurance package
- Social Insurance under Vietnam law
- Annual health check, annual flu vaccination
- Paid leave (12 days/year)
- Free English/ Vietnamese classes with native teachers
- Pet-friendly working space
- A standing desk if you like; No dress code; Company trip
- Game room for everyone: We love board games, video games, PS4 and many more!
- In-house classes: Yoga and BJJ
- For non-Vietnamese staff, support for making Vietnamese work permits, resident cards
- Negotiable depending on level and experience
- 10+ years software development experience
- 5+ years of technical leadership experience
- Deep knowledge of one of the following languages: C++/C#/Java
- Strong knowledge of AWS, Unity3D, mobile game development
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- Leadership experience developing and launching games or running a large-scale live service
- Solid knowledge of game application technology, spanning client, server and infrastructure
- Strong negotiation, mediation, and conflict resolution skills
We Prefer Candidates Who Have:
- Familiarity with the following techniques: Python, DynamoDB, Redis, Unity3D optimization
- Expertise in iOS and Android platform development
- Prior experience with mobile development
- Distributed systems experience
- Experience working with remote teams and partners