Founder & CEO at Gaugau
Views:1303 Applications:79 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:35
Gaugau - Tech Co-Founder - AgriTech Marketplace Startup (5-15 yrs)
- Gaugau is trying to solve the problem of trust and convenience in buying and selling livestock. We want to enable higher velocity of trade for livestock in the country and ensure farmers are able to upgrade their livestock pool and knowledge to improve earnings.
- We are building a managed marketplace to enable trust in the space and bring an order of magnitude difference in the user experience while buying and selling livestock.
- Our big hairy audacious long term goal is to work on livestock productivity and move it towards the global standards over the next decade.
- The size of the problem can be understood from the following statistics linked to livestock:
4 % of India's GDP
100 mn + farmers
Annual trade of over 50 mn livestock (non-poultry)
If you extrapolate the problem to all other emerging market economies with significant marginal livestock farmer population - then the numbers become more staggering.
About me :
- I am a seasoned entrepreneur and had a successful exit when I sold my last venture (a D2C premium dairy brand) to a large private dairy player. Have strong experience in building top tier teams and scaling them. I am passionate about the agri space esp. livestock and plan to spend a good chunk of my working life to solve the problems in this space.
- I am currently looking for a tech co-founder with a strong engineering background and a passion to solve large complex problems with significant impact for a large section of the society.
Expectation from the Co-Founder :
- Should have been involved in developing applications (from fixing bugs to dynamic functionalities) and scaling platforms to a significant user base (ideally in consumer startups)
- Extensive knowledge of product development life cycle
- Would own end-to-end product conceptualization/design and technology implementation of the platform
- Hands-on full-stack engineering, research, prototyping and testing skills
- Should be able to bring in and manage a pool of skilled developers to scale product functionality
- Gaugau is backed by a tier-1 institutional investor - and the tech co-founder would have significant equity stake and can draw salary as per the current stage of the company.
My Profile : www.linkedin.com/in/vivekkuttappan
A recent article by me covered in Financial express: https://www.financialexpress.com/budget/union-budget-2021-focus-on-engineering-a-new-milk-revolution-scaling-the-productivity-everest/2161558/