Manager Recruiting at Verified Recruiter
Views:529 Applications:55 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Gartner - Senior Specialist - Research - Technology Domain (4-7 yrs)
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, You'll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You'll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing clients the unbiased insight and advice they need to make the right decisions every day. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, You'll help clients deliver on their mission-critical priorities, grow your career and increase your industry impact. We value hard workers - and reward you with unlimited opportunity. If you're looking to explore what's next in technology and business, Gartner is looking for you.
About this Role:
- In order to bring operational efficiency and continue to delight customers, Gartner is investing in TSP Quantitative Research CoE located in our Gurgaon Center of Excellence.
- As a Senior Researcher you will be involved with Gartner's Market Share and Forecast research to generate insights using both systematic and intuitive secondary research techniques. You will study and analyze company reports, SEC filings, investor presentations, earnings call transcripts and other publicly available financial information sources to build company-specific earnings model. This role contributes to the estimation and forecasting of vendor market share and revenues aligned to specific research agendas and document types in Software and IT Services domain.
- The job requires an open mind individual with a proactive approach, interest in learning about the latest technology trends and the ability to interpret information & financial data
What You'll do:
- Contribute to Gartner branded Market share deliverables Conduct secondary research to gather IT vendor revenue through study of public company's financial reports and private company's financial data
- Navigate and mine data sources stored in multiple locations and formats such as 10Ks, 10Qs, Earnings call transcripts, Earnings release presentations, etc.
- Understand and interpret individual vendor financial reporting
- Analyze vendor financial performance and keep track of key developments such as mergers, acquisitions and divestitures (MA&D), etc.
- Analyze the IT products and services offerings of vendors
- Understand the methodology, and assist in estimating the segment specific revenue split for IT vendors and mapping revenues with Gartner defined technology segments
- Contribute to Gartner branded Forecast deliverable Understand the market model that drives the IT market and conduct research to tests hypothesis that influences it.
- Help in assumption creation and development of forecast storyline by conducting research on influencing factors that impact end-user buying behavior and on IT vendors- evolving business models, competitive environment etc.
- Conduct research to identify key macro-economic trends that are/will impact the IT market.
- Support written publication around the forecast, end-user buying behavior, IT vendor changing business models and their impact on the market.
- Actively collaborate with TSP analysts and with team members Participate in internal online research communities
- Develop strong partnerships and build regular touch-points with stakeholders
- Actively participate in formal and in-formal knowledge sharing sessions within team
- Provide constructive feedback to Specialists as well as be receptive to feedback from peers
- Interact with the analysts on a regular basis to keep updated on the progress and raise flag whenever required; the communication should be crisp and clear
- Collaborate with remote teams across time-zones
- Assist analysts in responding to client enquiries- written enquiries pertaining to the research that has been conducted for Market Share and forecast publications.
- Create ongoing body of knowledge Maintain ongoing record of vendor financial data and mapping to Gartner segmentation
- Keep content management system up to date
What You'll need:
- BE/B.Tech, BE/Btech + MBA
- Graduate + MBA from leading Tier I & II - B-schools
- Post graduates/graduates with Maths, Science, Finance and Economics background (B.Sc./B.A. Economics/B.Com)
- 4-7 years of Experience in Technology Research and Technology Industry
- Strong background on Market Share estimation and Forecasting
- Strong knowledge across Software, Software Security and IT services markets complemented by a general understanding of the latest technology trends
- Training and Certifications around- technology/software or Financial analysis/market assessment techniques
- Certifications like Microsoft Certified Professionals(MCP)/SAP/VBA will be added advantage
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Highly numerative with excellent critical thinking skills. Must be able to quickly grasp and articulate the fundamentals of a market and what drives demand and growth
- Eagerness to Learn: Showing strong awareness of the major issues across the IT industry and eagerness to learn more
- Strong communication skills - oral & written: Should structure all communication for meaning and flow with strong command on English language
- Problem Solving Skills: Strong analytical skills and ability to think independently; ability to - Triangulate- information & facts
- Experience in an extremely fast paced work environment preferably in research, consulting or marketing/strategy
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Project management experience with a group of 2-3 people
- Expert in using databases like Factiva, Capital IQ, One Source, Thomson,
Who you are:
- You love solving unstructured problems, and are excited about using secondary research techniques to draw insights and answer key business problems.
A team player
- You get along well with your colleagues and are always ready to help get things done. You enjoy working on projects with multiple people and share knowledge.
Passionate about learning -
You thrive on complex technical challenges and are always eager to learn the latest tools, technologies and techniques
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner research team enjoys exceptional benefits, including:
Competitive base salary
Great on job learning
Inordinate work life balance
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), is the world's leading research and advisory company and a member of the S&P 500. We equip business leaders with indispensable insights, advice and tools to achieve their mission-critical priorities today and build the successful organizations of tomorrow.
Our unmatched combination of expert-led, practitioner-sourced and data-driven research steers clients toward the right decisions on the issues that matter most. We- re trusted as an objective resource and critical partner by more than 15,000 organizations in more than 100 countries - across all major functions, in every industry and enterprise size.
To learn more about how we help decision makers fuel the future of business, visit gartner.com
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well