Gartner - Senior Specialist - Research (3-5 yrs)
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join the world's leading Research & Advisory company, you- ll be part of a team that values curiosity, expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage, while driving partnerships with global organizations to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you- ll not only help clients accomplish their mission-critical priorities, but also grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands dedication- and rewards it with opportunity. If you- re always looking for what's next in business and technology, Gartner is looking for you.
Interested in learning more, view and register for any of our upcoming recruiting events here!
Senior Specialist, CIO, Gartner Research and Advisory
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner Research, you- ll be part of a leading-edge team that values bold ideas and intellectual courage. You- ll contribute to our double-digit growth by providing our clients worldwide the unbiased insight they need to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration you- ll not only help clients through insights on strategic and management topics, you- ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands hard work and rewards it with exceptional opportunity. If you are someone who is intellectually curious and principally motivated by ideas, Gartner is looking for you.
About this role:
Are you intellectually curious and motivated by ideas? Do you want to create research products that are widely used by executive leaders worldwide? Gartner is searching for an India-based Senior Specialist to join our CIO global research team. In this role, you will address cutting-edge issues facing today's senior-most executives at leading, global corporations. You will need mastery over the English language, as you will be writing strategic advice for senior leaders across the world. Being part of this exciting team will provide you with opportunities to lead discussions with global CIOs, identify and creatively solve complex problems, design tools/frameworks to support clients in critical processes, and help organizations transform the way they operate.
What you- ll do:
- Lead discussions and conduct interviews with senior executives, academics and industry experts in search of innovative ideas.
- Evaluate, analyze, and structure the information for use in various research deliverables.
- Collect and analyze management issues quantitatively, using new and existing data sets.
- Develop insights that are practical and actionable (not academic), grounded in CIO's workflows.
- Deliver on a regular calendar of research deliverables - whitepapers, how-to guides, tools and best practice case studies- around a specific IT functional area.
- Present research findings verbally and in writing to internal and external audiences. Explain complex ideas in terms busy executives can quickly absorb and apply.
- Closely collaborate with peers and senior stakeholders in India, the US, and UK, as part of your research initiatives.
What you will need:
- Master's degree with 3-5 years of research and/or management consulting experience.
Who you are:
Some of the shared characteristics of our successful hires include:
- Outstanding written communication skills and a drive to create and communicate high-impact storylines through written narratives,
- Excellent verbal communication skills, as you will be leading discussions with our global client base,
- Interest in how technology drives business value in large organizations worldwide.
- Ability to read and listen to lots of information and then be able to question it, restructure it, and create original insights.
- Strong appetite to dive deep into a given terrain to develop expertise and distill key findings.
- Self-driven and can work as a part of geographically-distributed teams.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Ability to locate and procure information from original sources and senior executives.
- Ability to analyze quantitative and/or qualitative data to identify relevant findings.
- Ability to develop strong research relationships with business executives and content experts.
- Skilled at working both independently and in a team environment.
- Aspiration to constantly learn and improve.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner research team enjoys exceptional benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Great on job learning
- Inordinate work life balance
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. From CIOs and senior IT leaders in corporations and government agencies, to business leaders in high-tech and telecom enterprises and professional services firms, to technology investors, we are the valuable partner to clients in more than 10,000 distinct enterprises worldwide.
The apply button will redirect you to an external URL, please apply there as well.