Gartner - Manager - Client Services (8-12 yrs)
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. From CIOs and senior IT leaders in corporations and government agencies, to business leaders in high-tech and telecom enterprises and professional services firms, to technology investors, we are the valuable partner to clients in over 13,000 distinct organizations. Through the resources of Gartner Research, Gartner Executive Programs, Gartner Consulting and Gartner Events, we work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA.
For more information, visit us at: http://www.gartner.com/technology/about.jsp
This position is responsible for managing and motivating a client facing team and driving a set of deliverables within given timeframes. Imperative skills and traits are professionalism, process and customer service oriented, responsible and reliable so that team/business objectives are met.
- Organize the team. Communicate goals and objectives and sense of shared purpose.
- Ensure objectives are achieved in given time frames
- Motivate, Coach, facilitate, solve work problems, and be actively involved in the work of the team.
- Create an environment oriented to open communication, creative thinking , cohesive team effort and workplace trust
- Observe training needs and relay training needs and requests to Operations Manager
- Provide team with all necessary business Information
- Develop Strong process Knowledge
- Ensure that all team members are contributing, mentor them and encourage collaboration
- Work with Functional Managers and Operations Manager to obtain necessary resources and support for the team
- Prepare reports and maintain records of work accomplishments and administrative information, as required, and coordinate the preparation, presentation, and communication of work-related information to the Operations Manager.
- Oversee the successful implementation of any global research operations policies or processes
- 8 yr of total work experience with minimum 4+ years of client service experience with team management experience
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to absorb large amounts of information from various sources.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft office
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Team Handling Experience/Skills
- Knows when to manage an issue autonomously and when to escalate.
- Ability to manage international client expectations.
- Process Improvement and process redesigning Skills
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.