Gartner - Director - Software Engineering (8-13 yrs)
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you will be part of a team with a no-limits mindset that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We- re the world's leading research and advisory company that steers clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can't find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment with exceptional training and career development. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
Interested in learning more, view and register for any of our upcoming recruiting events ! here
About this role:
As an Associate Director working at the highest senior levels within our clients- organizations you will have the opportunity to make a real difference in shaping, managing and delivering real business value assisting our clients in successfully managing their technology and defining their IT strategies.
What you'll do:
- Manage all components of medium to large-sized proposals and engagements including technical and commercial methodologies, staffing and budgets
- Manage the drafting of large-sized engagement proposals and engagement deliverables responsible for its readiness for client release.
- Conduct interviews with senior client management and key senior stakeholders to gain an understanding of client business conditions, risks and controls (including preparation of interview notes).
- Manage the comprehensive cost / benefits analysis and preparation of business cases for technology investments.
- Manage the coordination and communicating of key findings and results of engagements via written reports and oral presentations to senior client management and key senior stakeholders.
- Manage and mentor all junior Gartner consultants assigned as members of your engagement team or any sub-contracted personnel assigned to the engagement.
- Develop, build and maintain senior level client relationships.
- Present a senior level professional image in conduct, attitude and conduct.
What you'll need:
- 8+ years senior consulting experience from top management and IT consulting firm
- Proven track record of helping achieving consulting sales targets
- An MBA from a top program
- Experience in developing strong client business relationships as part of a commercial organization
- Interpersonal skills that will allow you to build relationships, trust and challenge some of the most senior IT executives in the world
- Ability to develop consulting solutions, working with our clients, that are both unique and compelling
- Excellent project management skills, professionalism, team work capacity (including distant and international clients and internal teams), strong work ethic and willingness to travel and work in a diverse international environment
- Willingness to travel regularly
- Deeper knowledge of one or more of the following is a plus:
- IT strategy
- IT organization & governance
- Enterprise Architecture
- IT/Business Process Outsourcing
- Critical Program Management support (QA, risk, audit)
- IT performance optimization
Who you are:
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and spoken
- Ability to articulate IT strategies and understand business strategies and the alignment of both
- Comfortable influencing and building trust-based, value-added relationships with senior executives
- Coachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
- You will have a natural aptitude for critical and analytical thinking, as well as the capacity to accept out-of-the box solutions
What we offer:
- A world-class consulting environment
- The opportunity to work on cutting edge IT strategy engagements with a tier one client portfolio
- A competitive salary
- Structured bonus based on individual and corporate performance
- Opportunities for promotion with a clear defined career development structure
- Opportunity to participate actively in the development and future of Gartner Consulting
- A dynamic but relaxed and supportive working environment that encourages personal development
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link:
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Note : For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the company's redirected page of this job. Please make sure you apply on the redirected page as well.