Gartner - Associate Consultant - Sourcing (2-7 yrs)
Why is Gartner Consulting an organization unlike any other? Our consultants are technology and business thought leaders for the 21st century. With the full scope of Gartner's renowned research and capabilities to draw from, our consultants are committed to turning those insights into actionable solutions for our clients. That's where you come in. We- re committed to attracting the most creative, talented, and motivated associates to bring our world-class consultancy to the next level. When you join Gartner Consulting, you- ll lead the most innovative business and technology efforts in the marketplace today. You- ll work across Gartner to help senior leaders and their teams execute their most strategic initiatives and achieve lasting results - all within the context of a rapidly evolving digital economy.
Interested in learning more, view and register for any of our upcoming recruiting events here!
What makes Gartner Consulting a GREAT fit for you?
A career at Gartner Consulting will be unlike any other you have experienced. Not only are we passionate about technology and its applications, but we are also committed to attracting the most creative, talented and driven people to take our well regarded Consulting function to a whole new level. When you join Gartner you will be a part of some of the most innovative business and technology efforts in the marketplace today. We are technology thought leaders for the 21st century. You can expect to connect technology innovations to strategic requirements of an organization and to the commercial needs of a business, all within the context of a changing digital economy. Consulting associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development opportunities. If you thrive on solving complex business challenges with technology, Gartner Consulting is the place for you.
About this role:
You would be part of the global Sourcing and Vendor Ecosystems Consulting delivery team at Gartner Consulting, advising CISO, IT and business leaders on digital innovation topics. This would include sourcing strategy, vendor evaluation and selection and vendor management optimization for some of our large customers across North America, EMEA and Japan region. As a Consultant, your role would be to bring in excellent technology consulting skills with strong delivery capabilities, together with impactful managerial and leadership abilities.
What you'll do:
- Work on sourcing engagements as part of the global sourcing team including strategic sourcing, vendor evaluation and selection and vendor management optimization.
Demonstrate deep practice knowledge in sourcing including the following-
- Strategic Sourcing - Definition and refinement of sourcing strategy for Digital Business including demand analysis based on client's mission-critical problems for sourcing of IT services, identification of sourcing requirements, the definition of procurement approach, development of sourcing roadmap and assistance in development of high level business case for procuring IT services.
- Evaluation, Selection and Negotiation - Market scan for identification and short-listing of suitable vendors, development of integrated bid package for procuring IT services, assistance in vendor Q&A support and during orals, development of vendor evaluation models to select the - best fit vendor-, due diligence support.
- Vendor Management Optimization - Assessment of vendor performance, development of vendor management, transition management and cost optimization strategies, vendor governance strategies, to reduce value leakage by detailed review of client contracts.
- Work with sourcing practice leads to develop CoE service catalogs across various consulting solution offerings and proactively contribute in creating new consulting assets and IPs.
- Manage multiple tasks, collaborate in a team environment, and exhibit promptness to project and customer needs.
- Adapt and function effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while working under deadlines.
- Take initiative, drive results and take on increasing levels of responsibility.
What you'll need:
- Excellent understanding of end-to-end sourcing lifecycle for procurement of IT services spanning strategic sourcing, vendor evaluation and selection and vendor management
- Experience in assisting global clients with large scale sourcing and procurement of IT services and products which is inclusive of Applications implementation and management, IT Infrastructure transformation and management, Cloud procurement, Business Process Outsourcing services, Hardware, Software and Telecom etc.
- Comfortable in carrying out a detailed contract inventory analysis, to draw out insights and observations from Services contracts, Software contracts, Hardware contracts, Cloud and Telecom contracts to identify cost optimization opportunities to reduce contract value leakage
- Experience in contract life cycle management and providing key recommendations for optimizing contracts around IT services, Applications, IT Infrastructure, BPO, Software and Hardware contracts
- Hands-on experience in using contract lifecycle management tools for IT services and for Software and Hardware assets e.g. Ariba, Coupa etc.
- An Engineering degree, with preferably an MBA, with more than 4 years of experience within the sourcing and vendor ecosystems consulting domain in Tier 1 firms.
- IT certifications such as ITILv3, ITIL4, Cloud certifications (from large Hyperscalers - AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Impactful client presentation capabilities, strong problem-solving skills and story-telling techniques.
- Analytical, self-starter, results-driven and a solutions-oriented approach.
- Experience of working within a global team and exposure of working with international clients.
- A quick learner with a no-limits mindset.
Who you are:
- Possess a curious and inquisitive mindset, with innovation excellence being a key driver and motivator.
- Flexible in outlook, and willing to participate in different projects as per business requirements.
- An effective team player and collaborator who thrives in a dynamic and quick-paced environment.
- A go-getter who tackles business and technical challenges head-on, with a consulting inclination.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including team management, issue resolution, negotiation, and
What does Gartner Consulting offer?
- Exposure in a global consulting firm, which provides one of the best learning environments given its strong research foundation.
- Opportunity to be always on the cutting edge of technology innovations, and to work alongside very knowledgeable global consultants and best minds in the industry.
- Opportunity to be part of a growth company and help shape the future progress of Gartner Consulting in India.
- Opportunities for vertical and horizontal professional growth with a well-defined career progression path.
- A dynamic and supportive work environment that encourages personal development, learning and collaboration.
- A competitive salary and structured bonus based on individual and corporate performance.
- Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading research and advisory company. We help business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the objective insights they need to make the right decisions.
Our comprehensive suite of services delivers strategic advice and proven best practices to help clients succeed in their mission-critical priorities. Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has more than 17,000 associates serving clients in 14,000 enterprises in 100 countries.
For more information, visit gartner.com.
The apply button will redirect you to an external URL, please apply there as well.