Manager Recruiting at Verified Recruiter
Views:3640 Applications:416 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Gartner - Associate Consultant - Benchmarking & Cost Optimization Practice (2-3 yrs)
Why is Gartner Consulting an organization unlike any other? Our consultants are technology and business thought leaders for the 21st century. With the full scope of Gartner's renowned research and capabilities to draw from, our consultants are committed to turning those insights into actionable solutions for our clients.
That's where you come in. We- re committed to attracting the most creative, talented, and motivated associates to bring our world-class consultancy to the next level. When you join Gartner Consulting, you- ll lead the most innovative business and technology efforts in the marketplace today.
You- ll work across Gartner to help senior leaders and their teams execute their most strategic initiatives and achieve lasting results - all within the context of a rapidly evolving digital economy.
About this role :
- An Associate Consultant performs a critical analytical/knowledge component within Gartner Consulting's Benchmarking and Cost Optimization practice, and will be a key part of the team that produces the annual IT Key Metrics Data Reports, the most downloaded document by Gartner Research clients.
- Focus is on providing secondary research and data analytics to support client engagements, and to use Gartner methodologies, client surveys and benchmark data to provide high quality analytics for the Key Metrics Data report and to support Gartner Research
What you- ll do :
- Develop broad experience and depth of knowledge in all IT Key Metrics Data content areas and gain exposure of trends impacting Industry and Technology key metrics
- Manage own workstreams and activities efficiently and effectively
- Execute primary research and information gathering tasks (e.g., collect, organize and validate and present data from a variety of sources)
- Use Gartner frameworks, methodologies, and IP to conduct analysis with guidance (may include complex quantitative data analysis)
- Translate research and analyses into qualitative insights with guidance
- Develop an awareness of internal best practices and seek to recreate and apply methodologies on engagement work
- Learn new skills, identify project process improvements along with contribution to knowledge management solution
- Support business and intellectual capital development upon request
- Contribute to the Knowledge Base by maintaining and regularly updating repositories of data and intelligence
- Learn the fundamentals of IT vendor licensing and pricing to support benchmarking client engagements
- Develop a basic understanding of client issues and structure work and priorities to best deliver upon client expectations and engagement deliverables
- Use analytical skills to process and understand large volumes of data and information to sort out what is relevant to the specific situation
- Conduct self and peer review for quality prior to delivering team work; flag anomalies, issues or concerns
- Produce high quality summaries (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) to present findings to internal and external clients
- Produce timely and accurate analysis, often with tight deadlines
- Support analysis and deliverable creation to meet client and engagement needs
- Develop and deliver accurate and high-quality content
- Deliver ITKMD research annually on-time in support of the global client base and cross organizational constituents (sales, research, conferences, products, consulting)
- Participate in local Gartner community events and learning opportunities
- India COE Specific Responsibilities
- Closely collaborate with peers and stakeholders across geographies and business units (research, sales, products, conferences and consulting)
- Understand and leverage Gartner knowledge management tools. Support Practice/Industry/Key Initiative with IP generation
- Actively seek ways to improve processes and find innovative solutions
- Evaluate, analyze and structure information for client deliverables
What you- ll need :
- Engineering degree mandatory; MBA preferred (Engineering degree is not mandatory if the candidate demonstrates a strong understanding and experience of data management and analytics)
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience in an IT/Business/Consulting environment
- Good overall knowledge of the IT industry, products and leading vendors in the marketplace is desirable
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills, knowledge of a survey tool such as Web Survey Creator would be beneficial
- Proficiency in PowerBI, Tableau, Alteryx or similar tools is highly desirable
- Good experience on databases like: Capital IQ, Factiva, ThomsonOne, Mergermarket, BMI research, etc.
- Strong organizational skills within a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Excellent, clear and concise communication skills, both verbal and written - Must have experience working and collaborating with remote teams
- Collaboration and effective team working
- Creative, independent, motivated thinker
- Natural leadership ability and strong work ethic
What Gartner Consulting will offer you?
- A world-class consulting environment
- The opportunity to work on cutting edge IT strategy engagements with a tier one client portfolio
- A competitive salary
- Structured bonus based on individual and corporate performance
- Opportunities for promotion with a clear defined career development structure
- Opportunity to participate actively in the development and future of Gartner Consulting
- A dynamic but relaxed and supportive working environment that encourages personal development
About Gartner :
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A. - Visit gartner.com to discover more.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.