GAIN Credit - Head - Customer Success (5-12 yrs)
GAIN Credit is the new name for the Global Analytics group of companies. We- re an award-winning and market-leading fintech company dedicated to providing credit to customers who aren- t served fully by mainstream financial services. Our brands (Lending Stream, Drafty and Oye!) provide a range of lending products, backed up by world-class analytics, software and operations experience. Our primary business operates in the UK market, with head-quarters in San Diego and offices in London, Chennai and Noida.
Our group of companies are:
1. GAIN Credit LLC. operating in the United Kingdom
2. Global Analytics India Private Limited. and Oye Fintech Private Limited. operating in India
3. GAIN Credit, Inc., GAIN Credit Holdings, Inc. and GAIN Credit India Holdings, Inc. operating in the United States
POSITION FRAMEWORK OVERVIEW
At Gain Credit, our positions are clustered around four major job dimensions. We expect our employees to demonstrate strengths in problem solving, influencing people, adapting approaches and driving success. Each job family has a well-defined career path that spans across our organization grades from Grade 1 to Grade 9. Our position framework is a result of deep research and benchmarking of best-in-class industry practices.
Organization Grade - 5/6 (dependent on experience)
Position Title - Head of Customer Success - India
Department- Customer Operations
Reporting Relationships - Reports to - Customer Service Director / Manages CS Manager
Cross Functional Relationships - Internal Teams/Suppliers/ Customers
Location - Gurgaon
We are now seeking to appoint a specialist Head of Customer Success -in India as we strengthen and deepen our relationships with our customers, to focus on non-routine cases where, for a variety of reasons, standard processes do not service the customer well.
This may be because of customer vulnerability or other special need or because of a non-standard set of circumstances, previous service failures or other cases of customer distress.
A Key goal for Gain Credit is to make our customers service experience better. This has 2 strands to it
- Reducing the complexity and frequency of the need for customer contact
- Improving the ease of transaction and consumer experience when contact is made
The role holder, an expert in both operational delivery, service management and stakeholder management will work both with the supplier team and with internal colleagues and, where appropriate, customers to ensure that service standards are maintained and enhanced, that.
In particular the role holder will pay attention to, complex and non-standard cases and those which are apparent to have caused dissatisfaction and will ensure they are dealt with swiftly and empathetically and that systemic service issues are identified and addressed.
CRITICAL BUSINESS ACTIVITIES
- To be the lead player in India in the identification, management and proceduralisation of complex customer cases
- Monitor day to day service delivery and quality results of the India based Customer success team-
- Work closely with the UK specialty Customer success team to ensure alignment of action and clarity of understanding
- Identify opportunity structurally to reduce service demand by identifying areas of - friction- in our relationships with our customers
- Promote, share and build awareness of vulnerability within the Ops environment.
- Act as - voice of the customer- in corporate discussions
- Specify, develop and measure success of new initiatives
- Contribute to development of Customer Ops business plans
- Build and strengthen working relationships with the supplier and internal stakeholders. Keep all parties appraised of significant development and day to day service issues
- Deputize on occasion for the Operations Director
- Specify, review and interpret operational MI to enable sufficient insight to be gained and control to be maintained over operational delivery
- Review, streamline and strengthen standard processes for known high volume special case processing (e.g. death, imprisonment illness etc.)
- Lead and develop a - rapid response- team to remediate case of significant dissatisfaction (however discovered)
- Review and maintain plans to ensure adequate of operational capacity to ensure cost effective and customer satisfying service.
- Routine, timely and thorough review of existing procedural documents, working with head of Process management
COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCE
Skills and Experience
- High level of fluency in written and spoken British English - able to distinguish between Indian and British English colloquial language
- High level of influence - able to build strong sustainable personal relationships
- Bias for action - willing to intervene personally on cases where required
- Emotionally robust - able to deal personally with the most complex, stressful and charged cases
- Strong personal impact - the ability to - take people with you-
- Well-developed advocacy skills - the ability to - stand your ground- in debates
- Able to make rational consumer friendly decisions balancing regulatory constraints, corporate policies and customer needs-
- Experience of deploying judgment in complex situations is must
- Delivery results through staff where there is no direct reporting line
- Experience of devising and testing initiatives
- 5-8 years of experience in retail Financial Services
- Understanding of the financial services business
- Experience of remediation of complex, distressed, angry customer is a significant advantage
- Understanding of the UK FCA definition of vulnerability id a distinct advantage
- Flexible with working hours
- Demonstrable experience of making decisions where not all the preferred information was available
- Adjusting to Change: Ability to remain optimistic, recover from setbacks, projects cheerfulness, can cope with change, can tolerate uncertainty, adapts to new challenges, acknowledging criticism, encouraging critical thinking, gathers feedback.
- Investigating Issues: Ability take up learning opportunities, acquiring knowledge and skills, updating specialist knowledge, applying practical skills, learning by doing, applying common sense, continuously improving things, identifying key issues, making intuitive judgements.
- Building Relationships: - Ability to put people at ease, welcome people, makes friends, maintain projects enthusiasm, making contacts, active networking, can attract attention, promotes personal achievements and can gain recognition.
- Communicating Information: Should be able to successfully persuade others, shaping opinions, negotiating, can question assumptions, challenges established views, argues own perspective, gives presentations, explains things and is able to project social confidence.
- Structuring Tasks: Ability to work methodically, plans activities, sets priorities, behaves ethically, maintains confidentiality, consistently acts with integrity, works quickly, maintains productivity and can multi-task.
Starting the role
In the initial - start-up- the role holder will need to undertake the following
- Become familiar with LS and Drafty products (our products)
- Understand the market we serve
- Demonstrate familiarity with the concept of customer vulnerability (as defined by the FCA)
- Build practical working relationships with vendor account management and training teams
- Shadow existing India CS team and Ops Director to get a grounding and GC approach to complex cases
- Build a relationship with UK Customer success team
- Deeply understand the current QA process
- Analyze available data on existing escalated cases and DSAT outcomes to formulate an action plan to reduce demand and improve service performance
- Review extant procedural documentation for gaps, errors and obvious opportunities