Recruitment Lead at Frontizo Business Services
Views:2597 Applications:170 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Frontizo - Legal Counsel & Company Secretary (5-9 yrs)
Overview: Frontizo Business Services
Frontizo Business Services Private Limited is a joint venture between Patni Group and Amazon Asia, based out of Bangalore. Our vision is to be a company that is customer obsessed, metrics driven, excels in providing world class customer experience and transforms the way E-commerce customers buy and interact online. We currently operate through our offices in Bangalore, India and are currently ramping up operations. Frontizo offers employees excellent learning, developmental and growth opportunities within the organization. We have a culture and practice of customer centricity, hiring and developing the best, insisting on the highest standards, calculated risk taking and delivering results. We also have a wholly owned subsidiary Appario Retail Private Limited which shall engage in Multi- Brand Retail through E-commerce
LOCATION Bangalore, India
Summary of Responsibilities
The Company Secretary and Legal Counsel will advise on all secretarial matters, governance and compliances; co-ordinate and hold board, annual general, extra ordinary general and committee meetings of the Company and its subsidiary in India; draft agenda and minutes of the meetings, compile & maintain secretarial records and books, file regulatory forms, provide certified resolutions, co-ordinate RBI filings and compliances, maintain secretarial standards, etc; support internal and statutory audit, provide guidance on company and foreign exchange law, administer and resolves secretarial issues and provide secretarial advise on day to day business operations, transactions between related entities, etc.
The Company Secretary will also work with the management on establishing secretarial practice standards, process, templates and execute inter department processes, implement improvements and provide training.
The Company Secretary and Legal Counsel shall review, negotiate and manage contracts. Co-ordinate with outside counsel in order to manage to transactions and complex negotiations.
5-8 years or more of in-house legal experience with a multi-national company or a large Indian corporate is highly preferred. Experience working in a listed company and having a legal qualification will be preferred.
Competence in a broad range of company law, foreign exchange regulations, corporate and commercial laws, contract management contract review and management, secretarial standards and governance, statutory compliances is required; knowledge and experience of corporate and commercial laws, contract management will be an added advantage.
Essential Skills -
1. Knowledge and experience of company law, foreign exchange regulations, secretarial standards and governance, statutory compliances is required.
2. Extensive experience in coordinating and managing board, general, extraordinary and committee meetings.
3. Ability to independently draft agenda, minutes, compile and maintain secretarial records, company law and Reserve bank filings, supporting internal and statutory audit.
4. Ability to review contracts, and understanding of corporate and commercial laws, contract management.
5. Excellent ability to analyze and assess business requirement and provide secretarial advise and propose/implement solutions.
6. Ability to function autonomously, yet communicate laterally and upwardly with ease.
7. Strong business judgment.
8. Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
9. Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate and coordinate complex issues and projects with diverse levels of management and employees.
1. Reliability, dependability
- Works hard and does what it takes to get results and meets deadlines.
- Takes accountability and works well in a cross functional team.
2. Writing, speaking and listening effectively
- Writes, speaks and presents information effectively, clearly and with brevity.
- Communicates to improve understanding, decision-making and performance.
- Understands the value of listening to others.
- Think before speaking.
- Probes to understand and confirms understanding of what is heard.
- Encourages others to speak.
- Handles unexpected events calmly.
- Successfully copes with unintended consequences.
- Helps co-workers thrive in stressful situations.
- Identifies and manages stress due to lack of control.
- Acts with the highest level of professionalism and maturity during crisis situations.
- Looks immediately for resolution rather than placing blame.
4. Dealing with ambiguity
- Able to function well in loosely structured situations.
- Works effectively in situations involving uncertainty or lack of information.
- Effectively handles multiple projects or tasks at the same time.
- Is open to and responds flexibly to change.
5. Open communication
- Willing to ask and honestly answer the tough questions.
- Treats others- opinions with respect.
- Fosters open communication and candid discussions.
- Shares information that helps others do their job well.
- Keeps others in the loop.
- Estimated Percentage of Time Involved in Essential Functions:
- Draft agenda, minutes, compile and maintain secretarial records and compliances, hold board, committee, annual and extraordinary general meeting, provide day to day advise on secretarial matters, supporting internal and statutory audit, supporting business delegation and authorization.
- Handle regulatory queries, draft and compile response / representations under the supervision of Senior Legal Counsel;
- Provides day-to-day advice on corporate laws, contract negotiations and drafting and commercial laws;
- Member of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (Company Secretary).
- LL.B. from a recognized university in India.
Frontizo is an equal opportunity employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.