Senior HR Recruiter at Franklin Templeton
Views:329 Applications:32 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Franklin Templeton - Senior Quantitative Valuation Analyst (4-7 yrs)
At Franklin Templeton, everything we do is focused on one thing - delivering better client outcomes. We do that by partnering closely with our clients, assessing their strategic needs, and identifying the solution or solutions that can meet the challenge. Over 12,000 employees working in 34 countries around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 160 countries. For more than 70 years our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
What is the Senior Quantitative Valuation Analyst responsible for?
- Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise in own discipline or field.
- Leads others to solve complex problems where significant initiative and independent judgment is required.
- Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations
- May lead functional teams or projects.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of Senior Quantitative Valuation Analyst ?
Create, review, and maintain internal fair valuation models, including completing research on investment, documenting valuation decisions, and following all policies and procedures.
- Conduct applied research to identify, evaluate and test fair valuation models across equity, fixed income, currencies and derivatives instruments.
- Complex Securities Support: Assist with complex securities valuation research and analysis. Includes creating models that would be used as secondary or tertiary validation sources for securities priced using broker/dealer quotes.
- Manage internal/external audit valuation inquiries using clear/concise verbal and written communication.
- Provide special reports, analysis and/or research to the VC and the Funds Boards of Directors/Trustees
- Build/support automation using Python, Alteryx and other business user tools.
- Prepare/Review Sensitivity Analysis for financial reporting.
- Participate in the Vendor Due Diligence process analyzing vendor methodologies.
- Participate in ad-hoc meetings with Sub Advised clients to respond to fair valuation questions/details and participate as needed during client due diligence meetings.
- Liaise with PM/Research Analyst to ensure that investment information is received and incorporated into valuation models timely and accurately.
What ideal qualifications, skills & experience would help someone to be successful?
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Finance, Math or other quantitative discipline.
- Advanced Degree: (MBA, PhD, M.Sci. preferred) in Business, Finance, Mathematics or any other quantitative or related business field of study looked upon favorably.
- Professional certifications such as Certified Financial Analyst (CFA) preferred
- At least 4-7 years of relevant work experience in the mutual fund/financial services industry in: investment management, investment performance, or research required.
- Advanced knowledge of statistical theory and a good understanding of financial instruments and markets required.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize quantitative, statistical and mathematical financial techniques for independent fair valuations of securities including prior experience in model development, risk, valuation, and model validation development and implementation for Structured Products, Foreign Exchange, Equity, Fixed Income and OTC derivatives.
- Requires demonstrated ability to perform some database management, and perform programming of the valuation models. At a minimum, utilizing tools such as Excel (macros) and market data from providers such as Bloomberg.
- Excellent communication skills, requires written and verbal communication with senior leaders and professionals including Valuation Committee members, Portfolio Managers, Internal/External Auditors, and Board of Directors/Trustees.
- Able to handle multiple priorities concurrently and manage business expectations accordingly.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Direct experience on a trading desk or portfolio management team preferred.
- Complex securities valuation - experience with MBS, ABS, CMOS while not directly applicable, highly respected
- Working knowledge of common equity models (comp and DCF), Black Scholes, binomial trees, GARCH, and plain vanilla bonds required.
- Persuasive - ability to present a logical a well thought out explanation and rational especially with respect to models and their inputs required.
Shift Work Timings - 2:00 PM - 11:00 PM IST