Senior HR Recruiter at Franklin Templeton
Views:598 Applications:57 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:16
Franklin Templeton - Principal - Quant Development (8-13 yrs)
At Franklin Templeton, everything we do is focused on one thing - delivering better client outcomes. We do that by partnering closely with our clients, assessing their strategic needs, and identifying the solution or solutions that can meet the challenge. Over 12,000 employees working in 34 countries around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 160 countries. For more than 70 years our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills, and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
What is the Quant Development, Principal team responsible for?
Own specific modules of new or modified product features in the product development roadmap of a Wealthtech product brought to market via various deployment modes. Participate in On-going Product Research and should be able to think out of the box to solve problems that are otherwise difficult to solve.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of the Quant Development, Principal?
- Should be able to mentor and guide other members of the team by suggesting solutions to seemingly complex mathematical problems.
- Should be an expert level Python programmer and should be able to quickly review the code built by other developers in addition to developing ones own.
- Should be able to suggest best practices of coding and product development.
- Put into practice proven expertise in advanced mathematics, especially mathematical finance.
What ideal qualifications, skills & experience would help someone to be successful?
Education (or equivalent experience):
- Master's degree in Quantitative Finance / Financial Engineering / Mathematical Finance highly preferred
- Ph.D / Master's / Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Econometrics, Engineering or related disciplines, from Tier-1 Institutes in India or abroad.
- Certifications/Diplomas in Financial Mathematics or related subjects from institutes such as IFMR, TIFR, IIQF etc would be highly valued.
Experience Core Skills:
- 8-10 years of experience in Python code development for product development (Mandatory)
- Should have worked on at least 1 Wealthtech Product via Python Full Stack development.
- Understanding and prior experience with Portfolio Construction or Investment Management (Mandatory)
- Should have People Management experience.
- Knowledge of and Experience with Stochastic processes, probabilities, Simulations, Linear Algebra, Markovian Decision Processes (state space models)
- Exceptional Excel skills in mathematical modeling (including Excel VBA)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Proven ability to take initiative and work under pressure in a changing/growing environment.
- Should be self-driven and be able to work in an unstructured environment.
- Experience in software development lifecycle best practices, including test driven and agile methodologies.
- Hands-on, demonstrates taking ownership of issues to ensure successful conclusion.
- Excellent communication and consensus building skills.
What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards- the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
- Professional development growth opportunities through in-house classes and over 150 Web-based training courses
- An educational assistance program to financially help employees seeking continuing education.
- Medical, Life and Personal Accident Insurance benefit for employees. Medical insurance also cover employee's dependents (spouses, children and dependent parents)
- Life insurance for protection of employees- families
- Personal accident insurance for protection of employees and their families
- Personal loan assistance
- Employee Stock Investment Plan (ESIP)
- Onsite fitness center, recreation center, and cafeteria
- Cricket grounds and gymnasium
- Health Center with doctor availability
- HDFC ATM on the campus
Franklin Templeton Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite you to visit us at http://www.franklintempletoncareers.com/ to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.