Recruiter at Franklin Templeton
Views:1761 Applications:436 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:252
Franklin Templeton - Associate - Equity/Credit Research - CLOs/High Yield/Distressed & Private Debt (1-3 yrs)
Franklin Templeton - Associate - Equity / Credit Research - CLOs/High Yield/Distressed & Private Debt
Firm Overview :
Benefit Street Partners ("BSP") is a leading credit-focused alternative asset management firm that was founded in 2008 and currently manages approximately $36 billion AUM. BSP invests across the global credit spectrum and its products include middle-market direct lending, long-only credit including CLO's, special situations / distressed, and a commercial real estate business. BSP's investment team is based in New York, NY with operational support in Boston, MA. BSP is a wholly owned subsidiary of Franklin Resources, Inc. that, together with its various subsidiaries, operates as Franklin Templeton.
What is Associate responsible for?
BSP is seeking a bright, articulate, detail-oriented individual to join the Research team. The successful candidate will take a central role in supporting senior analysts in the evaluation, structuring and negotiation of our public and private debt transactions, as well as in the monitoring of our investments across Consumer, Technology & Healthcare sectors. As a member of the firms' investment team, the Associate will be involved in all aspects of the investing process including due diligence, independent research, position sizing and timing, and portfolio management across all strategies of the firm. Members of the teamwork in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment and have constant interaction with the most senior members of the firm, as well as the senior management of our portfolio companies.
What will be the ongoing responsibilities of Associate?
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Modeling and valuation of potential investment opportunities
- Performing quantitative and qualitative analyses used to support the underwriting of potential investments ideas and theses
- Working with CLOs, high yield, distressed, and private debt.
- Understanding key credit documentation and deal terms
- Keeping up to date with broad industry and company-specific news
- Supporting the transaction due diligence and closing processes
- Preparing detailed investment committee memoranda
- Maintaining models, relevant documentation, and financial reporting for existing investments
- Helping generate investment ideas
The successful candidate will ideally possess :
- 1-3 years of experience in fundamental research (equity or credit).
- Background in leveraged finance or corporate credit analysis (Investment Grade/High Yield) will be added advantage
- MBA from a premier (Tier 1) business schools only and with a strong academic record
- Ability to work independently.
- Expert analytical and financial modeling skills
- Outstanding interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills