Views:250 Applications:40 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Fragrance Manager - Consumer Technical Insight - R&D (6-9 yrs)
Designation: Fragrance Manager - Consumer Technical Insight
Purpose of the role:
The role is responsible for Perfume Development & Evaluations, Perfume Creations and Capability Building of the team on perfumery.
Qualification & Experience
- Cosmetology: B.Sc., / B.Tech / M.Tech +
- Post graduate Diploma in Cosmetics & Perfumery/ Specialised course in Perfumery [Conducted by Perfume Houses or Institutes specialising in Perfumery ]
- Working knowledge / familiarity of FMCG market w.r.t perfumery
- Post graduate Management: MBA or Diploma from reputed Management Institute
- 6 - 9 years [CTI Manager - Fragrance]
- Global market experience in fragrance development (preferable)
Key Deliverables of the Role:
CTI function is a critical link between a consumer & product experience. The function plays a role in designing product features basis consumer need gaps and market scenarios. Fragrance plays a key role in product designs and its market success. Perfumes deliver memorable product experiences and become brand signatures. Fragrance plays a key role in product success. This role is responsible for anchoring the perfumery agenda to drive the product designs and market success.
The key responsibilities includes :
 Perfume Development & Evaluations
- Responsible for strategic development of fragrances for all brands and innovative development projects for Hair Care, Skin Care, Male Grooming for India & International Markets
- Responsible for understanding and decoding olfactive expectations of the consumers.
- Creating (fragrance technical) briefs, directing the relevant Fragrance House(s) to develop winning fragrances, evaluating fragrances/ modifications in the base.
- Provide assistance to Dev team in Understanding and Evaluating new technologies in fragrance & its benefits to product.
- Responsible for arranging the fragrance consumer tests for the region.
 Perfume Creations
- Explore In house cost effective perfume, flanker creations - natural & synthetic origin.
- Working knowledge of perfume manufacture/ scale ups [ of added value]
 Capability in Perfumery
- Team building, Mentoring
- Competition benchmarking and regular market scans for olfactive trends. Exploring & Developing new testing methodologies/protocols,
- Setting up a olfaction panels
- Robust expert evaluation of data with prediction for consumer likeability
- Liaison with Marketing/Brand Development/ Mfg/ Supply Chain teams - for executions
- Knowledge management
- Fragrance trends benchmarking [India & Global]
- Consumer interactions for fragrance evaluations
Skills & Competencies :
- Fragrance evaluation/ olfaction skills
- Creative & Analytical wrt perfumery formulations
- Domain knowledge
- Fragrance chemistry
- Application to personal care or related adjacencies
- Ability to lead projects in area of consumer & fragrance
- Aware/ appreciate global trends in fragrances
- Knowledge of principles in chemistry/ life sciences/ psychology
- Co-ordination & planning
- Sensitive to business environment around
- Growth & entrepreneurial mind-set, Risk taking