FlipSpaces - Assistant General Manager/Business Unit Head - Design & Operations (5-10 yrs)
| Ahmedabad Location |Tier 1 College |CEPT, SPA, NICMAR
- We are a Virtual-Reality-Tech-based design and contracting venture that aims at disrupting the way consumers design and execute the interiors of their spaces. At the core of the venture is a path-breaking technology product which gamifies the interior- designing experience for the consumer putting the control of interior-design in the hands of the consumer.
- Flipspaces is arguably one of India's Fastest Growing Real Estate ventures with interests in Consulting, Technology, Design and Management of commercial real estate. A venture by high-pedigree entrepreneurs from IIT, the venture looks at transforming the way brands find, design and manage their commercial spaces. With pan India operations we are headquartered in Mumbai, and Flipspaces has offices in Bangalore Delhi, Hyderabad, Gurgaon, USA, Pune, Ahmedabad and soon starting in UAE.
COMPANY GROWTH STORY AND OUTLOOK:
- The company was formed in 2011. It started as a manufacturing enterprise with captive production capabilities in modular furniture, wall d-cor, loose seating, and home accents. It entered into Interior Turnkey Projects in 2014 and has grown 4X year on year and is geared up for international expansion in USA, Singapore, and Middle East.
- The cutting edge technology, in-house manufacturing capabilities, tech-enabled project management & execution, and a huge team of qualified vendors - enables delivering the promise of all services with supreme quality, quick turn-around time, and cost benefits. It's on search for young enterprising candidates which can help create the next level of leadership.
- Some of the esteemed clients are Corporates like Times of India, Radio Mirchi, Aditya Birla Group, PnG, BSH, Quantiphi; Co-working operators like Regus, Indiqube, DevX, Co-offiz; Startups like RazorPay, CoverFox, Nobroker, Ninjacart; Restaurants like Chaayos, Busago and many more-
Take a sneak peek at one of our game changing tech which is set to turn the way design ideas are envisioned and iterated... (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-A3MFs7rLc&t=14s)-
Work Culture- Inside Flipspaces- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNzg5-f6YGs
Designation - Assistant General Manager/Business Unit Head - Design & Operations
- Candidate should be Confident, balanced with logical and practical thinking, focused, able to handle the pressure and quality
- Functional Knowledge of excel, MS office and understanding of PnL/Finance will increase the chances of selection
- Proficiency in written/email and verbal communication
- 5+ year's professional experience on commercial and hospitality interiors.
- Track record of delivering outstanding high quality design, leading teams on high profile projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Strong, persuasive communicator with excellent verbal presentation skills and ability to communicate design concepts to clients.
- Process oriented, ambitious out-of-the-box approach with an ability to motivate team members
- Excellent decision making and problem solving skills
- Comprehensive and extensive knowledge of materials, costing
- Understanding of technical drawings
- Drafting skills - Proficient in Autocad
- Quantity Assessment - Proficient in MS Excel
- Photoshop, Sketchup / 3DS-Max
- Should be from Interior Designing background mandatorily.
- Should be from Tier I Colleges like CEPT,SPA,NICMAR,etc.
- Should be having B.Arch or M.Arch Degree mandatorily
- Overseeing overall construction of interior projects assigned
- Ensuring timely execution of at least 3 bare-shell commercial site Pan-India
- Coordinating with the design professionals, consultants and clients while successfully directing the Site Supervisors, Estimator, and other construction related personnel in planning, coordinating and safely executing the work in accordance with the contract documents schedule and budget
- Lead and manage overall operations and profitability in accordance with the business goals of the firm
- Identifying work front, required labour count and ensuring the timely execution and quality of each project
- Engaging with vendors and ensuring timely delivery of materials and execution on the client site
- Day to day management of operations on site, ensuring that the project is brought to a successful completion and meets the required time, budget and quality constraints
- Ensure the quality of the service deliverables through strong QA/QC Review
- Plan and efficiently organize the site facilities and logistics, ensuring all equipment on site is fit for purpose and only operated by appropriately trained staff
- Requisition all materials, and oversee the deliveries and ensure they are done so in adequate time in line with the construction programme and procurement schedule
- Ensure workmanship and material standards are achieved in accordance with specifications, building regulations, health and safety legislation as well as quality standards
- Lead weekly project reviews to define critical success factors for specific clients and projects, and develop strategies and tactics to achieve them while mitigating business risks. Reviewing specifications and working with building design schedule, possible cost savings measures and potential construction problems
- Ensuring flawless and regular documentation for the management and clients
- Develop, document, and implement workflows to enhance organizational effectiveness
- Work with multiple stakeholders across the organization (sales, human resources, marketing, product, finance, legal, and analytics) to recommend and implement changes to operations processes and reporting utilizing Salesforce and other tools
- Evaluation and implementation of new project management tools and technologies to improve workflows
- Responsibilities by functions: Supply Chain, Operations, Planning, Quality Control, Organizational Leadership, PnL Management, Risk Management, Inventory Management, warehousing and quality control
- Ensuring timely management of any unforeseen delays
- Project In charge - Design
- Planning of Layout, Concept Designing of Interior Fit-outs of Commercial and Residential
- Spaces within defined timelines
- Understanding Clients requirement, Client Engagement and Handling of Project from start to End.
- Coordination with internal Procurement Team and Site Execution Team for Smooth Functioning of Project
- Selection of Material Finishes to be used/applied & Approval of same from Client
- Making of various schedules for a project like furniture, general & decorative light fixtures, carpets, etc.
- Coordination with Graphic Designers for Creation of Wallpaper Designs and other Graphic Design Elements as per Clients requirement.
- Knowledge of Working Drawings/Technical Drawings and Co-ordination of same at site for Execution
- Work closely with sales team, develop project brief, lead client presentations/pitches in the region and collaboratively manage design department with the design head.
- Take a lead role in managing the design and creative elements of projects and be point of contact for clients for design discussion
- Ensure all projects are on track And handle multiple projects at a time
- Manage workload across the team. Be a mentor to team members by providing guidance, feedback, QA/QC, and direction on design methodologies.
- Supervise design process from start to finish to ensure high quality, innovative and functional interior design