Talent Acquisition at Flipkart
Views:3052 Applications:1065 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:160
Flipkart - Manager/Senior Manager - Key Account Management - Fashion Team (3-5 yrs)
About Flipkart :
In 2007, we started the Flipkart journey by selling books online. But now, over a decade later, our story is quite different. Today, Flipkart is India's largest online marketplace and one of India's leading technology powerhouse that is disrupting the way India shops online. What has got us here? The dynamic, passionate and talented folks we call Flipsters!
Our core values define our identity and form the basis of our actions and reflect in everything that we do at Flipkart. Values enable us to shape the desired organizational culture in which each Flipster can thrive and be at their best.
We believe in taking bold bets and changing the paradigm, having a sense of urgency to solve problems strategically and putting great ideas into action. We look at the world from our customer's point of view and keep customers at the heart of everything we do. We strive to do the right thing always and be committed to our customers and stakeholders.
About the role :
A large part of Flipkart's growth as far as categories are concerned is through the management and development of Key accounts. Ever since Flipkart's migration to a marketplace model, there has been a keen focus on the development of key accounts for the growth of respective categories. Key accounts for a category can include large brands or large vendors who deal with products from a particular line. The incumbent will be given sole responsibility of a number of key accounts, and will thereby be expected to grow the category as far as key accounts are concerned.
About the team :
Flipkart fashion team consists of categories like Men's clothing, Women's clothing ( Divided into Ehnic wear and Western wear),Kids clothing, Footwear ( men's & women's), Accessories ( Mena and Women). We provide a wider range of selection to the customers, better price points and customer problem solving .
Today, the Flipkart group in Fashion today is close to 25000 Cr. business.
What you'll do :
Business Strategy :
- Know the customer : Deeply understand customer behaviour, develop new customer insights
- Own the business : Co-own the P&L, develop the business model, understand where opportunities are and create a viable business to service them
- Know the market : Stay on top of trends in an ever-changing landscape, find opportunities and prioritize based on size, internal capabilities, etc.
- Know the competition : Understand on-line and off-line players. Ensure Flipkart selection stays well ahead of the competition
- Influence the leadership : Convert strategies into action by liaising with cross-functional leadership and drive the changes required
Vendor Management :
- Develop deep and long standing relationship with the vendors - to drive relationships from the strategic to the tactical
- Own the terms of business with the vendor - products, returns, ordering, etc.
- Ensure high-share of mind from the vendor. Build deep ties.
- Make vendors partners in driving disruptive changes for the category Market Understanding
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the market - short term and long term trends
- Have an in depth knowledge of competition and vendor and ability to influence the market
- Develop and implement industry best practices. move the industry with you!
Selection and Offers :
- Own buying cost improvement and overall portfolio management
- Manage in store promotions along with brands - make brands partners in customer communication
- Make Flipkart the - destination of choice- for the customers through the largest and the greatest assortment of products on offer
- Drive portfolio management for best offers and discounts for the customers
Purchasing and Inventory :
- Key driver of working capital management and inventory - ensure an optimal
- Develop and manage a purchase strategy with the brands to ensure best selection along with the optimal cost and service.
What you'll need :
- Educational background - Graduation, MBA from Tier 1 Institute
- Knowledge of Retail, consumer goods industry is a plus
- Desire and ability to think like the customer
- Ability to translate strategies into execution plans and take them to completion
- Highly analytical
- Willing to take calculated risks to grow the category
- Excellent verbal and written communication with interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of technology and business
- Must be willing to learn
- Ability to connect with people across teams & levels
- Strong bias for Action - Flipkart works at a very rapid pace