Talent Acquisition at Flipkart
Views:814 Applications:215 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Flipkart - Manager/Senior Legal Counsel - LLB (7-12 yrs)
Manager/ Legal Counsel 11, Bengaluru
About Flipkart :
- In 2007, we started the Flipkart journey by selling books online. But now, over a decade later, our story is quite different. Today, Flipkart is India's largest online marketplace and one of India's leading technology powerhouse that is disrupting the way India shops online. What has got us here? The dynamic, passionate and talented folks we call Flipsters!
- Our core values define our identity and form the basis of our actions and reflect in everything that we do at Flipkart. Values enable us to shape the desired organizational culture in which each Flipster can thrive and be at their best.
- We believe in taking bold bets and changing the paradigm, having a sense of urgency to solve problems strategically and putting great ideas into action. We look at the world from our customer's point of view and keep customers at the heart of everything we do. We strive to do the right thing always and be committed to our customers and stakeholders.
About the team : You will be part of the legal team supporting Supply chain, Labour and employment.
About the role; You will work as Manager/ Legal Counsel supporting various supply chain business stakeholders
What you'll do:
- Drafting, reviewing, negotiating and executing various commercial agreements and documents
- Commercial contracts: Demonstrated (hands on experience) subject matter knowledge in structuring, drafting, negotiating and closing following types of contracts;
- Supply Chain/Logistics Agreements - transportation, warehousing services, Real estate etc.
- Consultancy Agreement
- Third party Logistics agreement
- HR agreements with third party service providers
- Services agreements, inter-company contracts, employment contracts, Non-Disclosure Agreement and ancillary agreements, etc.
- Lease, license, sale deed/ renewals/ termination
- Building contract and compliance checklist and processes and ensuring that the systems are functioning smoothly.
- Advisory role
- Provide advisory to business partners on commercial/business projects related to Supply Chain / logistics and real estate.
- Institutionalizing best practices for legal contracts and documentation with an objective to increase efficiencies.
- Advice business partners on legal and regulatory matters including intellectual property, Labour laws, Real Estate Compliances, contract interpretation, breach and remedies, contract compliance requirements. Research into new regulations and legal regime of new domains of business and advice on regulatory requirements, legal risks and mitigation strategies.
- Streamline generic documentation work and establish timelines and systems around the same including Contracts Management, and advising on franking of documents to Business teams, etc.
- This position will be based out of Bangalore and support all Region. Additionally, this position will also work closely with the Function Head on strategic and central projects.
What you'll need:
- LLB from a reputed Law College with experience in corporate laws, property laws, labour laws, contracts drafting and compliance in online/ecommerce sector. In-house legal experience in the corporate function of a reputed company is mandatory. Law firm or MNC experience is preferable, but not mandatory.
- 7-10 years of experience in corporate legal, commercial contracts, and business advisory work.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS :
- Demonstrated (hands-on experience) in contract drafting, good negotiation, and execution skills i.e., ability to draft, negotiate and close transactions independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated (hands-on experience) subject matter knowledge in Property laws, Contracts, corporate laws, statutory compliance and monitoring
- Should have good understanding of: (a) contract drafting and structuring; and (b) Real Estate Compliance (including Lease Due Diligence process) (c ) labour and employment.
- Should have excellent research, analytical skills and should be able to exercise judgment and discretion to opine on compliance/ legal issues effectively.
- Able to drive efficiencies within the role and to be a trusted member within the legal team. Should enhance industry specific understanding and assist in establishing best practices for contract drafting/compliance issues.
- Ability to collaborate and engage with external counsel as and when required
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES :
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills, including ability to work effectively within a team and a fast-paced dynamic business environment.
- Process-oriented at the same time solution-oriented.
- Able to multitask. Speak and write English.
- Good team player with a collaborative approach to completing tasks.
- Meticulous and punctual.
- Inspired, proactive and a go-getter.
- Leverages business understanding / functional expertise to deliver value to customer.
- Strong communication skills and excellent command over English (both oral and written) and the ability to independently interface with people across all levels in the organization.