Talent Acquisition at Flipkart
Views:1932 Applications:645 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:86
Flipkart - Manager - Category Operations/BGM (2-3 yrs)
Flipkart - Manager - Category Operations/BGM
About Flipkart :
- In 2007, we started the Flipkart journey by selling books online. But now, over a decade later, our story is quite different. Today, Flipkart is Indias largest online marketplace and one of Indias leading technology powerhouse that is disrupting the way India shops online. What has got us here? The dynamic, passionate and talented folks we call Flipsters!
- Our core values define our identity and form the basis of our actions and reflect in everything that we do at Flipkart. Values enable us to shape the desired organizational culture in which each Flipster can thrive and be at their best.
- We believe in taking bold bets and changing the paradigm, having a sense of urgency to solve problems strategically and putting great ideas into action. We look at the world from our customers point of view and keep customers at the heart of everything we do. We strive to do the right thing always and be committed to our customers and stakeholders.
About the team :
BGM (Books & General merchandise) are Business units which hold super categories like
1. Beauty & Personal Care
2. Toys & Baby Care
3. Sport Fitness & Nutrition
4. Gourmet Foods
5. Books, Media, Office Stationary
6. Auto Accessories & Industry Supplies
- Categories like these are already billion dollars sized individually in the market. These BUs will help Flipkart increase focus on critical customer segments like metro customers,students & women shoppers and these categories have very high transaction per customer for a platform.
- It is an important business from an employee lock in and loyalty point of view.
- At the same time, its a tough e- com business as it is extremely diverse,in terms of books, personal care, toys, etc.
- We are looking for people like us who will build a category together from scratch and scale and enroute gather fun filled learning experience
About the role : BGMH is looking for a dynamic manager who will drive and manage initiatives in inventory planning, buildup, health and Operations
What you'll do :
- Inventory planning for BGMH. Identify core selection and ensure inventory availability across each zone
- Utilize available capacities and build inventory by space planning and inventory placement near to customer demand
- Ensure inventory readiness for BaU and event sale plan
- Identify, develop and lead strategic initiatives in the inventory health from the business operations perspective
- Track and optimize inventory turn around and inventory freshness across selection
- Be a SPOC who owns and ensure monthly scheduling gets completed as per available capacities across BGMH super categories
- Identifying news areas of increasing operational efficiency and chartering out roadmap for improvement
- Aligning stakeholders within BU and external teams on achieving the identified goals
- Own and track key metrics and drive positive momentum towards targets
- Drive strong system capabilities partnering closely with product and analytics for smoothing end to end process/initiative
- Ensure in-warding of stocks by solving operational bottlenecks
Experience/Skills required :
- Driving cross-functional stakeholders for operational improvement initiatives
- Strong analytical skills with high number orientation, persistence to work with data to tease out insights.
- Experienced in handling management operations and ability to drive rigor across stakeholders
- Creative thinker with the ability to recognize improvement opportunities
- Problem solving and reasoning ability
- Excellent communication skills
What you'll need :
- Educational background Graduation, MBA is preferred, from Tier 1 and 2 colleges
- Desire and ability to think like the customer
- Ability to translate strategies into execution plans and take them to completion
- Highly analytical and hands on experience in Excel and a Minimum of 2 years of experience in Planning/Operation
- Excellent verbal and written communication with interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of technology and business
- Must be willing to learn
- Ability to connect with people across teams & levels
- Strong bias for Action - Flipkart works at a very rapid pace.