Flipkart - Director - Warehouse Design - Grocery Segment (11-20 yrs)
Director - Warehouse Design - Grocery
Role : Director - Warehouse Design (Grocery)
Location : Bangalore
- In 2007, we started the Flipkart journey by selling books online. But now, over a decade later, our story is quite different.
- Today, Flipkart is Indias largest online marketplace and one of Indias leading technology powerhouse that is disrupting the way India shops online. What has got us here? The dynamic, passionate and talented folks we call Flipsters! Our core values define our identity and form the basis of our actions and reflect in everything that we do at Flipkart.
- Values enable us to shape the desired organizational culture in which each Flipster can thrive and be at their best. We believe in taking bold bets and changing the paradigm, having a sense of urgency to solve problems strategically and putting great ideas into action. We look at the world from our customers point of view and keep customers at the heart of everything we do. We strive to do the right thing always and be committed to our customers and stakeholders.
About Ekart :
- EKART is India's largest logistics and supply chain company delivering 10 million shipments a month to 14000+ pin codes.
- Established in 2009, EKART as Flipkart's in-house supply chain arm has powered the growth of Flipkart with innovations such as Cash on Delivery, In-a-day guarantee (50 cities), Same-day guarantee (13 cities).
- EKART delivers on a consistent excellence in consumer experience by delivering reliably and managing variability at scale. With a renewed mission of transforming core supply chain through technology, EKART is now offering the same proposition to Brands, Sellers, Platforms and Consumers outside of the Flipkart Group.
About the role :
- Ekart is seeking a highly effective candidate to identify, create, develop, integrate & innovate best in class Supply Chain Design and modeling solutions. Successful candidates will bring a strong knowledge of end to end supply chain and logistics design ability to drive customer-focused solutions/roadmaps across the supply chain from concept through deployment.
- This position owns the overall responsibility to contribute to the companys growth and profitability by designing, implementing and continuously upgrading an optimized Fulfilment Center Design that provides a guaranteed and consistent quality of service with minimal cost and enhanced efficiency.
What you will do :
- Design supply chain with a business view of 2-3 years which is scalable, modular and can be replicated across assets. Provide inputs on innovative ways in which EKART can provide its main client a competitive edge in the market.
- Follow customer requirements, competition, market developments and trends in technology and state of the art eCommerce retail logistics management and their impact on the planned future state of the network.
- Understand the future impact of the business development on logistics requirements in the existing networks and proactively simulate and suggest changes for optimization.
- Solid experience and In-depth understanding of FC processes with a track record of successful program/project delivery using design-thinking methodologies/ framework, tools and techniques.
- Manage region specific distribution network redesign projects by applying proven best practices, market understanding and making the best use of resources.
- Ensure that the network is aligned towards the new business development areas that impact logistics requirements for e.g. groceries & food products that would require cold chain facilities within the network.
- Review and provide direction for the upgrade of the IT platforms & applications to support the design, management and operations of the logistics & supply chain network.
- Provide thought leadership in emerging application technologies (i.e., Cloud, API, IoT, API, Ux, Robotics, Machine Learning and AI) that would have an impact on supply chain & logistics transformation and disruption and the ecommerce industry. Ensure that EKART stays ahead of the curve.
- Drive continuous improvement through innovation.
- Create Investment Proposals. Document, present and get it approved
- Monitor and analyze performance on an ongoing base, and in the case of deviations, drive improvements.
- Build a skilled and motivated team within the Network Design group who have the necessary skills & capabilities to handle the scale and complexity demanded by the network. Develop and mentor a strong second line of leadership
What you will need :
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelors degree, preferably in Supply Chain Management, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or related fields
- At least 11 years of business experience in areas relevant to supply chain optimization, such as operations research, supply chain management, logistics, or R&D with minimum 2 years experience in Logistics Optimization and Design
- Strong Data and Analytics capabilities Well versed in end-to-end data and analytics: mining and extracting, cleansing and formatting, structuring and analyzing, and garnering information and insights. Ability to leverage large amounts of complex data sets to support business decisions by telling the story with data.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Experience delivering supply chain solutions in a very high growth environment where priorities shift fast
- Exhibits excellent business judgment
- Ability to communicate clearly and compellingly and who understands how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong and talented team
- An innovative thinker who also has a strong customer and quality focus
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit
- Masters in Operations Research or Supply Chain or an advanced degree preferred