Senior Technical Recruiter at Fisker
Views:37 Applications:7 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
Fisker - Manager - Vehicle Ethernet Networks (10-20 yrs)
Manager Vehicle Networks
- The Manager, Vehicle Networks is the key leadership role in Fisker's advanced next generation EE architecture development. This candidate will grow and lead a team of EE Hardware Design engineers to design, prototype, develop, and deliver advanced network architectures that feature High-speed Ethernet for our next generation vehicles.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate strong leadership, deep technical skills, and a keen interest in designing advanced EE system components and networks. They will have a bias towards innovation and execution and inculcate this culture to a team of highly skilled engineers.
- Work closely with senior leaders and organizational stakeholders to understand the concept and requirements for our next generation architecture.
- Design the network topology and components to fulfil the high-speed networking requirements for this architecture while delivering exceptional system safety, functionality, and performance.
- Hire and grow a team of skilled EE Hardware Design engineers to execute the mission of developing and productizing this network topology and components.
- Own and lead a continuous design improvement initiative to get more out of the network topology and components.
- Drive the creation of functional prototypes based on the designs.
- Work closely with the validation team leadership to continuously validate and improve the prototypes with suppliers and partners.
- Own the quality of the prototypes and drive execution with the validation team and delivery teams.
- Emphasize an execution culture to troubleshoot, diagnose, and fix reported defects.
- Deliver progress and continuous improvement of the components.
- Develop and deliver production samples for the component designs.
- Support the integration and validation of your components in HIL/SIL environments and prototype vehicles.
- Support optimal packaging of the components into the vehicle, addressing all requirements of power, space, and thermal management.
- Keep up to date with the latest advancements in automotive networking.
- Innovate and ideate on new designs and technologies.
- Support organizational stakeholders in the creation of EE product roadmaps and future vehicle designs.
Qualifications / Knowledge / Experience:
- Master's degree in computer engineering, electronics & communications engineering, or electrical engineering.
- 10+ years of hands-on hardware design and development experience in a fast-paced, technology-focused organization in a capacity of building networks, including High-Speed Ethernet, CANFD/CAN, LIN, etc.
- Proven expertise in successfully taking new hardware from design to production.
- Exemplary hands-on leadership style to nurture a high-performing team of experts.
- Proven expertise in designing wired network topologies and components.
- Proficiency in design software such as AutoCAD, Allegro, or Altium.
- Good understanding of software architectures and integration processes.
- Exceptional attention to detail and precision.
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong familiarity with emerging connected, software-defined vehicle technologies.
- Must be comfortable with operating in a fast-paced, startup environment.
Preferred Attributes/ Competencies:
- Good understanding of automotive safety system design and safety levels.
- Strong understanding of ISO26262 and relevant automotive safety and cybersecurity standards.
- Strong understanding of packaging and operating constraints for hardware components and wiring harnesses in the automotive environment.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.