Financial Controller - Real Estate (5-8 yrs)
Real estate as an asset class, until recently has been traditionally looked upon as one of the preferred choices for investors. With sole reliance on capital appreciation, no large effort has been made to utilize the rental potential of the asset. Meanwhile, in a growing economy, people migrate to places and they are in search for a house. Housing remains a basic need and it can be sufficed in many forms. While the aspirations of our core working population has increased multi-fold, the rental industry has failed to evolve with time. The home seekers still settle for what they think is the best solution but what they are getting is very mediocre to what they deserve.
The client is envisioned to be the most disruptive innovation in the real estate space which will unlock the potential of the real estate asset and re-define the - way of life- for consumers and owners. The client is a technology-based platform which enables RE asset owners to list their RE assets. The platform will add a bouquet of services to the product and certain add-ons to the product itself. Through its curated offering which offers homes representing comfort and convenience, consumers will rent into a lifestyle with an experience unlike any other and not just any average rented space. The offerings are designed to delight the urban consumer and intend to make renting much more desirable. Our vision to be the go-to brand for an unparalleled lifestyle experience through a bundle of products, services and a highly engaged community.
Key Performance Areas:
- Track and provide financial performance metrics for the business
- Ensure compliances with accounting practices, company policies and procedures, and legal regulations
- Ensure smooth functioning of daily financial activities
- Providing support to the Business units
Key Responsibilities :
- Preparation of the Annual Budget and all Budgeting exercises
- Working with Business Heads and Key Management to create and track key business parameters/metrics, such as Cost per unit, profitability, cash flow levels, etc., and map them against the industry average, industry best practice, business plan and internal business plan; and report variances on each parameter to Board
- Monitor Budget and report variances.
- Manage and work on all banking relationships
- Ensures that accounting information is always current and up to date and compliance with monthly timetables and deadlines.
- Preparation and reporting to Board, a periodic MIS for all key metrics as per the Business Plan
- Ensures income and costs are allocated and tracked at the correct levels e.g. by project, business unit and cost centres and maintains overall data integrity.
- Manages submission of staff and consultants monthly timesheets and ensures time based charges are allocated against the relevant project accurately and on time. Develops the process for managing this effectively.
- Implements, develops and monitors financial policies, systems and procedures and reporting standards to ensure accurately and up to date information, thus providing management and business units with financial information for decision making.
- Monthly Management accounting per project, region and business unit, reviews the output for accuracy and makes necessary corrections. Implements corrective action where required.
- Provide analysis on business performance data - such as profitability levels, collections level as per defined standards to Management and shareholders
- Development and presentation of financial reports and Board Meeting packs in attractive and informative formats.
- To monitor adherence and compliance to agreements (client and otherwise), limits of authority and ensure financial terms are met and complied with.
- Highlights and reports on any variations and deviations.
- Supports business units and concerned offices with all financial and administration related functions. Assist is smooth running of all offices.
- Facilitates and completes the annual business plan (3 to 5 years) in accordance with strategic objectives and financial criteria. Updates monthly forecast per project, business unit and region.
- Ensures regional offices provide information, inputs, etc. on time to meet deadlines and accurately reflect their financial performance. Assist in providing them with the necessary resources, requirements and financial information (MIS) to assist them in achieving their goals and objectives.
- Responsible for commercial controls and compliance across all branch.
- Responsible for adherence to business plans by Unit/City w.r.t operating costs and measuring against actual.
- Preparation of cash flow forecasts and management of working capital flow.
- Development and management of the Accounting team
- Maximization of income and control of expenditure.
- Ensuring competition benchmark and apprising the concerned.
- Driving the SOP and policy implementation
- Ensuring approved budgets are adhered to.
Key controls in the organization :
- Sign-off on all payments made by the company (voucher authentication)
- Daily cash-flow monitoring of the company's accounts
- Credit control, including loans and credit to distributors, retailers, suppliers, or any other stakeholders.
- Availing any loans or credit facilities for the Company
- Sign off on all material contracts.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly/ half-yearly or annual reports for the company
- Manage and jointly (with Promoters) appoint the CA and auditors of the Business
- Defining of Accounting Policies of the Company.
- Set up of MIS system - Develop and maintain stringent commercial systems and procedures across all concerned locations.
- Set up and manage the Procurement process - Development and implementation of commercial policies and processes.