Managing Director at Corporate Search & Placements Pvt. Ltd.
Views:4056 Applications:135 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:71
Financial Controller - General Insurance Firm - CA/ICWA (10-15 yrs)
Financial Controller (General Insurance)
- We have been retained by a professionally managed by a General Insurance Company with an international affiliation to identify a Financial Controller to be based at Mumbai.
JOB PURPOSE :
- Overall management of General Accounting with finalization of accounts and review of financial statements of the company.
- Management of accounting records, evaluating, forecasting and managing risk, ensuring compliance with policy and regulations by the regulatory body, publishing financial statements, monitoring accounting operations and analysing financial data.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Responsible for the overall functioning of the finance department. Design and implementation of systems policies & procedures in consultation with top management to facilitate internal financial control. Planning, organizing, implementing and controlling the financial and accounting operations of the organisation.
- Formulate budgets and conduct variance analysis to determine difference between projected & actual results and implementing corrective actions.
- Monitor the inflow and outflow of funds and ensure optimum utilization of available funds towards the accomplishment of organizational goals.
- Monitor actual performance against budget and provide a meaningful analysis of the same to the management.
- Preparation of MIS reports for review with respect to core functional areas like premiums, claims, reinsurance business, and financial related data like review of assets and liabilities accounts on a monthly/quarterly basis.
- Ensure compliance of various monthly/quarterly and annual reports to regulatory authority - IRDA including Public disclosure financial and non-financial related forms.
- Maintain robust financial controls and processes at all times, including company provisions and management of risk process including major incidents and working within prescribed deadlines.
- To support the company heads, for accounts and finance allocations and ensuring the integrity of the organisation's finances through proper management control and support, timely financial reporting and third-party regulations compliance.
- Co-ordinating with the auditors on audit and other certification work.
- Providing the management with financial advice based on the analysis of the business results on strategic business decision.
- Advising on accounting issues and resolving accounting & taxation issues on existing & new products. Responsible for annual report and disclosure requirements in conformity with Indian accounting standards and IRDA Guidelines.
- Pro-actively identify policy and process improvements and liaise with internal and external third parties as required to deliver innovative solutions. Ensure correct implementation of all relevant policies on a company-wide basis.
- Coordination for Income tax scrutiny and assessment, Filing of Income Tax return.
- Ensure full tax compliance in the organization and maintain regulation amendments from time to time including indirect tax (GST).
- Liaise with tax departments and tax consultants for assessments, notices etc.
- Liaise with Statutory and Internal Auditors.
DESIRED SKILLS :
- Good knowledge of tax
- Deep understanding of risks and related accounting controls.
- Should be good at communication skills, presentations & spreadsheets
- Strong planning and organizing skills.
- Should be a good team player with strong interpersonal skills and self motivated.
- Proactive and should have ability to think through.
- High enthusiasm & willingness to learn.
- Sound problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Should be proactive, focused & service oriented.
- Expert knowledge of accounting standards.
- Good working knowledge of relevant laws and regulations especially related to IRDA.
CANDIDATE PROFILE :
- Candidates should be Chartered Accountants/ ICWA with about 10 to 15 years experience in general insurance in an accounting and or Finance Control function.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.