Consultant at Michael Page
Views:1375 Applications:291 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:34
Financial Controller - D2C - CA (10-15 yrs)
Responsible for leading the business unit's financial accounting and control activities to ensure the financial transactions, policies, procedures, practices, and systems, meet the unit's short and long-term business objectives and comply with the Manual and practice guidance and local legal and regulatory requirements. Responsible for creating and maintaining an internal control environment that complies with policies, practices and managing all internal and external audits.
1. Manage financial reporting ensuring: - an efficient and effective period close process that deliver accurate information;- maintenance of appropriate supporting documentation; - identification and timely resolution of complex accounting matters; - review including monitoring of key performance indicators to identify insights; and - compliance with all Finance Manual policies, Recurring Reports Manual and other guidance/practices including compliance to local GAAP/statutory and other local legal/regulatory requirements. Plan and manage the year-end or other audit processes with the internal and external auditors, where applicable, including timely resolution of all findings and comments. Serve as a liaison with specialist teams (e.g., Treasury, Tax, and Currency Centers) and ensure appropriate unit compliance with all related requirements.
2. Manage and create a secure internal control environment, including appropriate segregation of duties, by providing leadership and expertise. Be a role model for ethics, integrity and trust in all areas including ensuring identification of and appropriate responses to fraud and theft.
3. Manage accounting system(s) to enable compliance with requirements and produce accurate and reliable financial reporting. Ensure appropriate segregation of duties, access, and controls can be managed within the system(s). Identify opportunities for continuous improvement in processes and systems.
4. Analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner. Clearly communicate periodic, quarterly, and annual financial information. Identify, assess, and communicate risks and opportunities affecting the financial statements and forecasts.
5. Develop and delivery strong service level agreement for all transaction processes and establish a robust governance framework with the business segments.
6. Responsible for meeting and exceeding customer expectations via setting clear objectives and supervising the activities of a team of specialists to ensure that the organization's transactions are accounted for appropriately, processed accurately and on time, and that report formats support decision making.
7. Manage and develop highly engaged associates by leading efforts that continuously drive associate and team engagement.