Consultant at Live Connections
Views:2101 Applications:33 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:9
Financial Analyst - Treasury Accounting - BFS (4-5 yrs)
We current looking for Treasury Accounting- only Diversity
Selection Criteria :
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree, preferably with a major in business administration, accounting, economics, finance, or international trade. Professional accounting qualification such as CA/CPA/ACCA/CGMA and/or CFA/FRM.
- Three or more years of experience in related fields with a public / private financial institution (including IFC/IBRD or other IFIs/MDBs) or the finance / treasury function of a public / private corporation. Proven track record in previous position.
- The Financial Analyst will work as part of a team of professionals to meet the Division- s responsibilities as they relate to the accounting and pricing/valuation of financial instruments.
The scope of work will cover the following :
- Ensuring the accuracy and appropriateness of accounting / pricing data, systems and reporting deliverables, as it relates to the investments portfolios
- Analyzing accounting results as they relate to financial instruments, to ensure they are consistent with expectations and business objectives or those deviations are understood and adequately documented
- Verifying trade set-up master data and trade modifications
- Identifying, investigating and resolving system-to-system reconciliation and accounting flow breaks
- Developing expectations, performing analysis, drafting commentaries, preparing the monthly investments closing package, suggesting and implementing solutions in a pro-active manner
- Preparing various financial and management reports, as required by the Department or other stakeholders
- Coordinating with external and internal auditors, when required
- Proactively interacting with WFA colleagues, Treasury (TRE) business units and other units as required to resolve issues and stay abreast of new / proposed activities, which may have accounting, valuation or reporting implications.
- Proactively learning / seeking knowledge about industry best practices and standards as they relate to accounting / valuation of financial instruments.
- Identifying opportunities for improvements in current processes, initiating improvements within the system and control framework; working with business and technology teams across Nlocations to implement solutions / improvements
- Contributing to requirement specification, design analysis, testing, implementation and maintenance of systems supporting various portfolios, as and when required
- Participating in the Department's projects and business initiatives, as and when required
- Maintaining and developing processes, procedures, documentation and internal controls around portfolios handled, with the objective of increasing efficiency and effectiveness
Core Technical Knowledge:
- Hands-on experience of accounting, financial analysis and reporting in an integrated financial systems environment
- Good knowledge of treasury products / financial instruments (i.e. capital and money market instruments)
- Good knowledge of Summit treasury system, SAP and BI/BO tools.
- Working knowledge of Bloomberg/Reuters would be a distinct advantage
- Proven quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, including excellent spreadsheet skills.
- Familiarity with financial modeling techniques and writing macros will be a plus.
- Ability to contribute to team performance with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- High level of initiative, self-confidence and a self-starter; proven problem-solving skills, ability to deliver high quality results and operate with minimum supervision
- Flexibility to perform a variety of tasks and expand the scope of work and responsibilities; committed to achieving individual and team results.
- Fluency in written and spoken English required
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.