AGM - BD & Operations at Silverpeople
Views:358 Applications:115 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
Finance Controller - FinTech Startup (5-10 yrs)
Req for Finance Controller
- Req for a Finance Controller with a fintech start up - an Electric vehicle financing and lifecycle management firm.
- Should have experience in reporting P&L for NBFC, capital markets support, month end account recon and book closure.
Position Description: Finance Controller
Basic Function: The position is accountable for the accounting and financials operations of the company, to prepare financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
- The scope of the position is much larger in a small business, where the position is also responsible for cash management and risk management.
- The position is a senior position reporting to the Chairperson and the Managing Director of the firm.
Note: The job description is based on adequate support staff to be managed by the controller to handle day-to-day accounting transactions.
1. Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
2. Manage outsourced functions
3. Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives
4. Oversee the accounting operations of subsidiary corporations, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures and also the private companies and UPS of the group.
1. Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
2. Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable
3. Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly
4. Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed
5. Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
6. Maintain the chart of accounts
7. Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
8. Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
1. Issue timely and complete financial statements
2. Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report
3. Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
4. Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
5. Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
6. Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
1. Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
2. Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
3. Comply with local, state, and government reporting requirements and tax filings
1. Private Cos fund management where in substantial investments are held Supervise Accounting, MIS, Secretarial Compliance of all Private Cos, and review on a monthly basis or as and when required.
2. Ensure filing of all Financial and Secretarial returns like TDS, Service Tax, Income Tax returns/filings, Annual returns for Cos etc and forward MIS to promoters.
3. Ensure timely holding of Board meetings/AGMs both for listed and Private Cos in association with Company Secretaries.
4. Review all Private Cos' and listed Cos' investments on a periodic basis (Monthly/Fortnightly) and suggest investment/exit options to the Management including investments in Stock Markets.
5. Advise on Forex matters including Forward cover on imports and exports whenever required to stem losses on the Exchange front.
6. Liase with investment bankers/Mutual funds and Fund Managers to review latest investment opportunities.
7. Periodic review of investments in real estate and look for opportunities to rent, sell or buy land and resolve legal issues if any.
8. Review loans to third parties and follow up for recovery.
9. Interact with external institutions like Banks, Chamber of Commerce, RBI and attend meetings on behalf of the group as and when required.
10. Review formation of the Family Trusts and Investments of HNI's (Promoters) through the Trusts and HCK Capital Services Pvt Ltd and pursue exit/investment options.
11. Regularly update to the management on Market movements and rates.
12. Assist the promoters and the Private Cos in all tax related matters-Assessments, Appeals and hearings through Consultants, experts and Auditors. Interact with Statutory Auditors of listed Companies (KSCL,KPL and KSDL) at the time of finalization to resolve issues if any as and when required.