Recruitment Consultant at GSKN
Views:3359 Applications:341 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:39
Finance Controller - Energy & Petrochemical Sector - CA (6-12 yrs)
Finance Controller - Energy & Petrochemical Sector
We are looking for a candidate for the position of Finance Controller.
Qualification - CA
Location - Mauritius
Role : Provide execution leadership to Finance function of Power and Construction business
Primary responsibilities :
- Provide financial advice to the Business on revenue and expenditure trends, financial commitments and future revenue projections to enable Business planning, policy setting, financial forecasting and strategic decision making
- Provide financial perspective during the negotiation of commercial contracts to ensure that the Business always has competitive advantage
- Be fully conversant with new initiatives, new legislation and modern thinking in all matters relating to the financial management of the Business and to advise the Business accordingly.
- Provide leadership in the compilation and analysis financial data to enable business decision making and drive profitability.
30% Financial Management
- Ensure effective and efficient management and control of all capital, revenue and expenditure budgets
- Monitor and control the quality and cost-effectiveness of services provided by the DIL finance team to ensure high standards and value for money.
- Support the Business Performance management process through provision of relevant financial data based on the outlined Key Performance Indicators
- Present monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports on the Business financial position.
- Co-ordinate the preparation and dissemination of periodic financial statements and interpretation of the same to the stake holders
- Report financial results against budgets to the Group CFO and DIL Business Leadership on a quarterly basis.
- Monitor current and projected cash flows and plan and deployment of generated 30%
- Revenues for the Business whist ensuring adequate liquidity for working capital needs
- Facilitate accurate and timely preparation of management accounts and financial reports as and when required. Compliance & Operational Excellence
- Work closely with the legal team to monitor all open regulatory issues affecting the business to mitigate financial exposure.
- Develop, implement and monitor reliable control systems and standard operating procedures
- Liaise with the Internal Audit team in identifying and mitigating financial risk issues and implementing agreed upon risk mitigation measures
- Maintain relations with internal and external auditors and lead in the implementation of audit findings and recommendations in the Finance function.
- Maintain an overview of the budgets P& L and business related activities for DIL to ensure the guidelines laid down in the Group's financial policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Be aware of, adhere to, and implement any Finance related professional and legislative requirements consistent with overall duties of this position.
- Manage and oversee the preparation of all statutory returns within agreed timelines to avoid penalties
- Oversee the efficiency, integrity and effectiveness of the DIL transaction processing and reporting systems in SAP ERP while optimizing the ERP fully to achieve a return on investment on the system
- Manage any third parties to whom functions have been outsourced (e.g. Tax Consultants, Auditing Partners, Industry regulators and foreign exchange experts) 20%
- Develop an appropriate strategy for the effective management of relationships with Banks
- Develop, manage and sustain effective working relations with DIL Banking Partners to ensure that the Business objectives are achieved and a global positive impression of the Company maintained.
- Plan and co-ordinate regular meetings with the Banking Partners to ensure that they are properly engaged and understand the Company's performance in relation to meeting strategic objectives and contractual obligations.
10% People Management
- Lead, coach, mentor and develop a high performing team that delivers high value and prudent cost management
- Work with the Group CFO to translate business strategy into specific annual departmental objectives and KPIs, cascade them to individual performance goals and cascade and track them on a regular basis through performance reviews.
- Facilitate regular and open communication and exchange of information in the function in order to implement changes and improvements effectively.
- Scope training needs and ensure staff are trained regularly enabling them to achieve the operational and financial metrics within their areas of responsibility and succeed in their roles
- Manage staff attendance, leave scheduling and disciplinary issues as per the outlined policies and procedures
- Promote and adhere to the organization's culture and values.