Recruitment Consultant at GSKN
Views:4113 Applications:357 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:40
Finance Controller - Energy & Petrochemical Sector - CA (6-12 yrs)
Finance Controller - Energy & Petrochemical Sector
We are looking for a candidate for the position of Finance Controller.
Qualification - CA
Location - Mauritius
Role : Provide execution leadership to Finance function of Power and Construction business
Primary responsibilities :
- Provide financial advice to the Business on revenue and expenditure trends, financial commitments and future revenue projections to enable Business planning, policy setting, financial forecasting and strategic decision making
- Provide financial perspective during the negotiation of commercial contracts to ensure that the Business always has competitive advantage
- Be fully conversant with new initiatives, new legislation and modern thinking in all matters relating to the financial management of the Business and to advise the Business accordingly.
- Provide leadership in the compilation and analysis financial data to enable business decision making and drive profitability.
30% Financial Management
- Ensure effective and efficient management and control of all capital, revenue and expenditure budgets
- Monitor and control the quality and cost-effectiveness of services provided by the DIL finance team to ensure high standards and value for money.
- Support the Business Performance management process through provision of relevant financial data based on the outlined Key Performance Indicators
- Present monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports on the Business financial position.
- Co-ordinate the preparation and dissemination of periodic financial statements and interpretation of the same to the stake holders
- Report financial results against budgets to the Group CFO and DIL Business Leadership on a quarterly basis.
- Monitor current and projected cash flows and plan and deployment of generated 30%
- Revenues for the Business whist ensuring adequate liquidity for working capital needs
- Facilitate accurate and timely preparation of management accounts and financial reports as and when required. Compliance & Operational Excellence
- Work closely with the legal team to monitor all open regulatory issues affecting the business to mitigate financial exposure.
- Develop, implement and monitor reliable control systems and standard operating procedures
- Liaise with the Internal Audit team in identifying and mitigating financial risk issues and implementing agreed upon risk mitigation measures
- Maintain relations with internal and external auditors and lead in the implementation of audit findings and recommendations in the Finance function.
- Maintain an overview of the budgets P& L and business related activities for DIL to ensure the guidelines laid down in the Group's financial policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Be aware of, adhere to, and implement any Finance related professional and legislative requirements consistent with overall duties of this position.
- Manage and oversee the preparation of all statutory returns within agreed timelines to avoid penalties
- Oversee the efficiency, integrity and effectiveness of the DIL transaction processing and reporting systems in SAP ERP while optimizing the ERP fully to achieve a return on investment on the system
- Manage any third parties to whom functions have been outsourced (e.g. Tax Consultants, Auditing Partners, Industry regulators and foreign exchange experts) 20%
- Develop an appropriate strategy for the effective management of relationships with Banks
- Develop, manage and sustain effective working relations with DIL Banking Partners to ensure that the Business objectives are achieved and a global positive impression of the Company maintained.
- Plan and co-ordinate regular meetings with the Banking Partners to ensure that they are properly engaged and understand the Company's performance in relation to meeting strategic objectives and contractual obligations.
10% People Management
- Lead, coach, mentor and develop a high performing team that delivers high value and prudent cost management
- Work with the Group CFO to translate business strategy into specific annual departmental objectives and KPIs, cascade them to individual performance goals and cascade and track them on a regular basis through performance reviews.
- Facilitate regular and open communication and exchange of information in the function in order to implement changes and improvements effectively.
- Scope training needs and ensure staff are trained regularly enabling them to achieve the operational and financial metrics within their areas of responsibility and succeed in their roles
- Manage staff attendance, leave scheduling and disciplinary issues as per the outlined policies and procedures
- Promote and adhere to the organization's culture and values.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.