Finance Business Partner - FP&A & Controlling - Incubator - CA (6-12 yrs)
The Finance Business Partner works on understanding, analyzing, disseminating and communicating the financial landscape of a partner. The candidate will partner with the programs team through the journey of each grant and deploy skills in financial management, budgetary analysis, systems, and technology.
- Support the program team across all grant portfolio's during various phases of grant lifecycle (initial phase of the grant application, evaluation of grant budget proposal, mid-phase of actual utilization reporting, renewal phase)
- Draw Scenarios, workflows (input, processes, output) with a specific focus on the key set of Activities of Program staff:
I. Evaluation of grant budget proposal
II. Determination of what further information to solicit
III. Basic Conceptual understanding of financial management and accounts (operating expenses, Capital vs revenue, interchangeable account heads etc.)
- Be an effective and efficient business partner - Be an - engaged business partner- vis-a-vis - a scorekeeper- (understand the difference in need and relevance of support required by each program staff)
- Act as an expert for all aspects of financial management and accounting system framework which are critical for the assessment of an applicant organization during the grant-making process (policies, systems, documentation, compliance, internal controls).
- Engage with grantee organization's finance and accounts team to understand and assess their existing operating level and scope of maturing therefrom.
- Develop effectiveness in core grant-making function (leveraging systems, technology to standardize processes)
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree in Financial Management is strongly preferred
- Ten to twelve of work experience in the finance function is necessary
- Grant-making experience strongly preferred; a desire to work in and with the nonprofit sector is essential