Sr. HR Person at FILTREC BHARAT MANUFACTURING PRIVATE LIMITED
Views:1056 Applications:147 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:140
FILTREC - Senior Manager/DGM/AGM - Purchase (15-20 yrs)
Position: Purchase Sr. Manager / DGM / AGM / GM
Company: Filtrec Bharat Manufacturing Pvt Ltd
Qualification: BE - Mechanical Engineering
Work Experience: 20 to 25 years (Exposure in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Import and Export)
Preferred Industry / Segment: Sheet Metal Manufacturing.
Work Location: Bangalore
Notice period 2 months
- Knowledge of Global as well as domestic supplier bases for OE Products, castings, forgings, sheet metal, stamping, springs, machined components, heavy component machining, heat treatment ,Heavy Fabrication & packaging, Hydraulic Systems, Bought out, imported items , Capital machinery etc.
- Abreast with the latest trends and technologies of the field with an inherent knack for diverse technical and mechanical engineering concepts coupled with excellent supplier selection, material management , Negotiation and Localization skills.
- Sound working knowledge of business drivers and a track record of driving cost-reduction initiatives through business process re-engineering & stream lining operations.
- Ability to develop a framework of quality standards, procedures & systems for analyzing supplier quality related issues.
- Strategic Sourcing and Supplier Rationalization
- Managing the team of Commodity Buyers responsible for development of Manufactured Parts, Bought out parts.
- Implementation of purchasing processes and systems ensure strict adherence to global compliance requirements
- New Supplier evaluation, audit and selection
- Selects prospective vendors and negotiates contracts.
- Evaluates vendors based on quality, timeliness, and price.
- Schedules deliveries and ensures timely fulfilment of orders.
- Researches and evaluates vendors to compare pricing and services.
- Coordinates with fellow managers to monitor inventory and determine supply needs.
- Ensures quality of procured items and addresses problems when they arise.
Strategy and Development:
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice procurement vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance General and Task Management
- Ensure that purchasing policies and processes are in place to meet business objectives and operational needs in terms of price, quality and delivery targets and which enables the company to function and compete effectively in the market.
- Create and review opportunities to implement best practice purchasing policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve business performance and deliver best value and business savings.
- Evaluate the challenges faced by the business and take action to mitigate risks and develop opportunities.
- Ensure purchasing policy, guidelines and any associated documents are in place and updated when required.
- Utilise appropriate resources including Supplier Development to ensure appropriate Supplier partnerships and delivery of sourced products.
- Develop creative and innovative procurement processes (eProcurement)
- Provide management reports and key performance data and monitor cost savings
- Manage relationships with suppliers and select and develop new suppliers
- Negotiate and manage contract terms with suppliers to ensure value for money, quality standards and delivery terms with technical and operational input from stakeholders and colleagues
- Review and negotiate existing agreements to optimise commercial terms
- Work with suppliers and have a process in place to measure effective performance, quality and compliance. Measure against KPI criteria if these exist.
- Ensure professional and consistent supplier management is applied across the supply base in line with the purchasing policy.
- Ensure parts are sourced in full and aligned to production schedules and customer requirements.
- Ensure that the function operates in accordance with any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff and visitors People Management
- Manage, Training and develop high performing purchasing and cost estimating teams that meet agreed objectives and which deliver best practice results, added value and continuous improvements.
- Set departmental objectives/KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports
- Report on achievement of targets and identify any actions required
- Input to and hold responsibility for department budget Relationship Management.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance
- Stay current and up to date on any changes that may affect the supply and demand of needed products and materials and advise others of any impact.
- Contribute to new business initiatives and projects and review and communicate the impact on purchasing activities.