Senior Officer - HR at Fields of Purity
Views:655 Applications:140 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:15
Fields of Purity - Human Resource Officer (7-14 yrs)
Human Resource Officer
- This job is headquartered in regional headquarters and reports to the Chief of Human Resources. It is part of the Human Resources Section of the Project Management Branch of the Development Coordination Office (DCO).
- The organization endorsed the transformation of the Development) as a stand-alone coordination office within the organization's Secretariat, namely the Development Coordination Office (DCO). DCO now assumes managerial and oversight functions of the resident coordinator system under the collective ownership of the members of the Organization Sustainable Development Group (SDG). The Resident Coordinator system is focused on the advancement of sustainable development, leaving no one behind, consistent with the integrated nature of the Agenda for Sustainable Development. The Human Resources Officer reports to the Chief of the Human Resources Section.
- Within their delegated authority, the Human Resources Officer- Regional HR Focal Point will be responsible for the following duties:
- Supports RCOs on staff and non-staff requests (including gratis personnel, consultants, reviewing MOUs on position funding, etc.).
- Advises the resident coordinator and regional director in the projection and monitoring of vacant posts and ensures adherence to policies and procedures in filling these posts.
- Advises on and, if needed, reviews classified (generic) job descriptions throughout the region in compliance with the established job classification policy, guidelines, and procedures.
- Acts as ex-officio as needed and liaises with DCO HQ on promotion and placement of staff.
- Advises on preparation of vacancy announcements and on outreach strategies, if needed.
- Supports diversity and gender balance in recruitment processes by regularly informing the RC/RD about the current geo/gender metrics.
POLICY AND HR ADMINISTRATION:
- Serves as the first point of contact for queries on human resources (HR) policies and assists staff and managers with the understanding and application of HR policies.
- Reviews, provides advice or escalates requests for exceptions to policies, regulations and rules before decisions on any exceptions and as per the delegated authorities are made.
- Prepares reports and participates and/or leads special human resources projects.
- Keeps abreast of developments and trends in various areas of human resources and general administrative policies and procedures.
- Provides advice to staff and managers on substantive and procedural questions related to the administration and management of staff, including on their benefits and entitlements, and/or all travel (HR, official business, etc.).
- Advises staff and managers on time management and best practices.
- Supports onboarding of new staff.
CONDUCT AND DISCIPLINE:
- Advises management on all issues related to complaints and questions on alleged acts, omissions and improprieties committed by staff in the region.
- Provide information to staff in the region on the organization's rules and procedures in place that regulate conduct and discipline.
- Oversees case management, as well as undertakes reviews of alleged misconduct by RC staff in the region; receives and documents complaints, gathers information and determines whether further investigation is warranted.
- Liaises with the organization Office of Internal Oversight Services (OIOS) on investigations into allegations of misconduct, to ensure effective follow-up.
- Oversees data management and tracking of all forms of misconduct for all categories of staff in the region; develops systems to monitor the implementation and effectiveness of the mission's efforts to address and prevent misconduct.
STAFF DEVELOPMENT AND CAREER SUPPORT:
- Advises staff and managers on available learning tools and opportunities.
- Encourages compliance with mandatory organization training courses.
- Provide support to RCs and Heads of offices on performance-related issues.
- Advises and supports staff and managers on the application of the performance management and development system (PMD), including the rebuttal process and overall compliance.
- Liaises with DCO HQ in the provision of career support to staff and managers.
- Serves as the first point of contact in the region on all HR and administrative matters, including the implementation of any Secretariat human resources reform initiatives.
- Provides ongoing strategy guidance, interpretation, and support on emergency planning to the RCOs in all areas of HR management.
- Represents HR in regional meetings as needed.
- Ensures active coordination of HR matters with other agencies.
- Maintains effective and steady communication or working relations with organization Agencies to seek harmonization
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.