Head - Product at Farmers Fresh Zone
Views:64 Applications:12 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:9
Farmers Fresh Zone - Senior Engineering Manager - Distributed Systems (10-15 yrs)
Job Description :
- Farmers Fresh Zone aims at unlocking access to safe-to-eat, pesticide free fruits & vegetables directly sourced from our farmers. We are an omni channel platform having both offline and online presence. Backed by the Indian Angel Network, We are one of the first Indian agri-tech firms to introduce unit level traceability for all our products which means consumers can track the origin of a product including details of the farms and farmers.
- We are all in the quest to create a positive movement, a movement aimed at reducing the gap between a consumer & a farmer, a movement that gives consumers access to safe & non-toxic farmer's produce, a movement that is uplifting the farmer community.
- Today we are proud to say that we are connecting 1500+ farmers to urban consumers. We envisage our brand to go global soon, post creating a cemented presence in India.
- We are not looking for job-seekers, we are looking for impact-creators with a go-getter attitude. We are looking for dynamic individuals who are honestly driven by the cause and are customer obsessed, be it our end user, farmer, vendor or even our internal community.
Job Description :
- Forge and instill goals and standards for engineering performance
- Measure and ensure engineering, product delivery goals are met with, at an acceptable velocity and without trading off quality and performance
- Constantly motivate, mentor, and guide the engineering team members
- Harness the capabilities of individuals and teams to ensure appropriate opportunities and growth for them
- Work closely and coherently with the product development team to ensure alignment and achievement of product and engineering goals
- Devise processes and mechanisms to ensure expected uptime of production applications
- Augment skills and capability of the engineering team by recruiting and training the members
- Ensure smooth communication channels within the team and with all stakeholders involved in the product development and delivery process
- Contribute to crafting and own the execution of strategic product development plans.
- Responsible for leading a team of application and front-end/Back-end Engineers to drive innovation in full-stack product development, while relentlessly improving performance, scalability, and maintainability.
- Work with Product Managers and UX Designers, Experience with web technologies.
- Own design and development of major pieces of the technology platform for the product.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Must be a highly collaborative leader with the ability to lead through influence and work effectively with senior level executives across the organization.
- Needs to have hands on experience with: Enterprise mobile/web application development, understanding of Android or iOS development.
- Agile, SCRUM and similar development methodologies.
- Enterprise platform integration with social media, CRM, team collaboration.
- Cloud technology, development, deployment, monitoring, and support API integration.
- Fast learner, flexible and able to work well within a cross-functional team environment.
- Experience in building highly scalable applications, hands-on and can deal with large/complex architectures.
- Should have worked on distributed systems.
- Is well versed with mobile and cloud based technologies.
- Experience with SDK/API style integrations and interface quality of service.
- Technically hands-on, Prior experience with scalable Architecture managing team of Sr. Engineers/Engineers and coaching, mentoring while maintaining a hands-on role with code development.
- Proven relevant experience in building robust service-oriented product in an enterprise/saas/internet company.
- Excellent leadership skills to mentor the engineers under you.
- Deep understanding of technologies and architecture in a highly scalable and available set-up.
- Deep understanding & expertise with highly transactional, large relational and complex systems
- Strong object oriented design skills, and an uncanny ability to design intuitive module and class-level interfaces
- Superior project management skills to manage multi-engineer projects and experience of delivering high quality projects on time
- Above 10+ years of experience with technology depth as well as good people skills
- A BE/BTech in Computer Science or some equivalent academic stance