Vice President - Business Operations at Stalwart People Co.
Views:2706 Applications:86 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Factory Head - Linen Manufacturing (15-25 yrs)
It is the domestic market leader in linen business. Market is growing and it is increasingly being difficult to retain leadership with limited in house manufacturing capacity and more than 60% sale through outsourcing from China. The business strategy is to maximise sales to retain leadership and planned expansion of manufacturing capacity for profitable growth.
Linen Spinning is one of its kinds in India. The industry has gradually shifted from Europe to China in last 25 years and today about 80% of the industry is in China. Flax fiber of apparel grade grows only in France, Belgium and Holland. It is only 0.2% of total textile fiber consumption and therefore the industry is very niche. The technology is old and the knowledge is limited and confined :
Major Challenges -
- To keep pace with rapid growth in a highly competitive market where traders are active and big volume users get cost advantage in direct import.
- Managing Supply chain for 60% sales volume by outsourcing yarn from China requires sourcing of quality product at competitive prices, accurately scheduled to fulfill market demand in various SKU's within budgeted working capital.
- Flax, being a bust fiber has enormous variations in basic fibre properties. Sourcing and selection of fibre is a major challenge in the context of no scientific methodology available to evaluate it except individual experience. The variation in fiber properties year to year pose a great challenge for in house R&D and experience to optimise the process and deliver consistent quality.
- To plan, propose and execute capacity expansion projects in line with long term business strategy.
- Linen yarn enjoys a duty protection of 29 %. The challenge is to remain competitive in the market against Chinese competition by efficient operational management.
- Old technology and lack of OEM support for maintenance of plant and machinery.
- In house development of skilled manpower as ready talent are not available in this industry
Candidate must be a non-denim weaving specialist, with at least 2 years- experience in Spinning.
They have 4 Linen Spinning Plants, 3 Weaving Loomsheds with looms of Sulzer Rapier make, Wet Processing with Continuous Bleaching & Dyeing Ranges, Production Planning and Warehouse.
Reporting to: Unit Head