Assistant Manager at Ernst & Young
Views:6004 Applications:111 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:14
EY - Senior Manager - Direct Taxation (8-17 yrs)
Job Title (Internal/External) : Senior Manager - Direct Tax
1. Excellent communication skills [written and oral]
2. Good commercial acumen.
3. Good interpersonal, networking skills
4. Strong marketing and business development skills.
5. Team player.
6. Strong leadership skills [creates high performance climate; serves as a role model, mentor, coach]
7. Ability to work under pressure
8. Strong analytical ability, logical and problem solving approach on complex issues.
9. In depth understanding of competition and competitor strategies.
10. Technical competence in Tax and also the industry / specialized field.
Job Role :
Partnering and Building Relationships, Lead role in client service delivery. Act as a Trusted Business Advisor. Is in a leadership role and is responsible for mentoring and developing the team.
Responsibilities and Deliverables:
1. Understanding client needs and advising clients on strategic issues.
2. Provide a perspective on global trends and emerging practices on client assignments.
3. Proactively alert clients on business environment changes that would impact the client.
4. Create and manage strong independent relationships with clients at senior positions, with minimal partner involvement.
5. Develop strong internal and external networks and leverage these for growing firm's business.
6. Build value for the firm by marketing firm's services on an overall basis, winning new clients and work from existing clients, identifying and converting opportunities.
7. Lead and coordinate the planning and management of medium/large assignments, independently: Pricing, Billing and Recovery, Maximize fee opportunity.
8. Develop sound value based solutions and apply technical knowledge and strategic thinking in delivery of complex solutions to clients.
9. Build recognition, Firm wide, and outside the firm for expertise in a specialized field and participate in firm wide teams or special projects across the Firm.
10. Create an environment for the team to think of innovations and to do things differently. Get involved in developing new products, services and delivery methods on a regular basis.
11. Develop and implement risk management strategies and manage sensitive and high level risk issues.
12. Champion knowledge sharing efforts, review and continually improve processes so that the team and firm capture and leverage knowledge.
13. Demonstrate an - ownership- attitude and a clear sense of vision and direction while promoting Firm's core values.
14. Spend significant proportion of time leading and managing teams with the ability to mobilize and inspire team.
15. Regularly approached by members of the firm to assist in resolving people issues.
16. Build a strong team and contribute to succession planning for the firm, at the level of Managers.
Academic Qualifications : Chartered Accountant/ LLB
Experience : 10 + years of post qualification experience. Relevant tax (Corporate tax, Personal tax, Expat tax, Transfer pricing, International tax, Indirect tax) experience in Big 4/ medium sized professional firms
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.