EY - Market Risk Quant Role (2-10 yrs)
EY - Market Risk Quant Role
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom. At EY, we don't just focus on who you are now, but who you can become. We believe that it's your career and 'It's yours to build' which means potential here is limitless and we'll provide you with motivating and fulfilling experiences throughout your career to help you on the path to becoming your best professional self.
Our FSRM team is a fast-moving, high-growth area with huge potential. It offers variety, challenge, responsibility and the opportunity to realize your leadership potential.
Our Financial Services Risk Management (FSRM) practice focuses on risk management, regulatory, quantitative, and technology backgrounds. The breadth of experiences of FSRM professionals enables the practice to coordinate the delivery of a broad array of risk management services to capital market participants throughout the world in a well-integrated manner.
We are looking for Market Risk Professionals to work within a dynamic team under FSRM service line focusing on Quantitative Modeling and Market Risk Analytics.
Your key responsibilities:
The candidate will primarily be working on quantitative modeling and Pricing/Market risk engagements like:
- Validation/development of valuation models across asset classes - equities, commodities, rates, credit, mortgages
- Development, testing and validating pricing models using C++/Python/R/client-proprietary tools
- Basic understanding of Mathematics and statistics in terms of linear algebra, probability theory
- Basic understanding of fixed income and equity derivatives, volatility surfaces, interest rate curve construction and Greeks
- Good understanding of workings of a Bank (processes, Committees, systems etc.) and Banking products across fixed income, derivatives, retail etc.
- Understanding of VaR and different VaR modelling and backtesting techniques
- Understanding of statistical concepts/time series modelling
- Experience in Python/C++
To qualify for the role you must have:
- 2 to 10 years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in Mathematics/Financial Engineering/Quantitative Finance/other quantitative disciplines with strong understanding of valuation theories/concepts
- FRM/CQF/CFA certification would be a plus
- Knowledge of programming languages (Excel VBA, Python, R etc.)
- Strong quantitative background - experience in model development or validation a plus
Skills and attributes :
In addition to technical competence, what will set you up for success at EY is your ability to:
- Strong communication, documentation, facilitation, relationship-building, presentation and negotiation skills
- Be highly flexible, adaptable, and creative
- Broad consulting and project management skills, effective written and oral communication skills
- Pursue passions beyond work and invest in your wellbeing
What we look for:
People with the ability to work in a collaborative manner to provide services across multiple client departments while following the commercial and legal requirements. You will need a practical approach to solving issues and complex problems with the ability to deliver insightful and practical solutions. We look for people who are agile, curious, mindful and able to sustain positive energy, while being adaptable and creative in their approach.
What we offer:
With more than 200,000 clients, 300,000 people globally and 33,000 people in India, EY has become the strongest brand and the most attractive employer in our field, with market-leading growth over compete. Our people work side-by-side with market-leading entrepreneurs, game- changers, disruptors and visionaries. As an organisation, we are investing more time, technology and money, than ever before in skills and learning for our people. At EY, you will have a personalized Career Journey and also the chance to tap into the resources of our career frameworks to better know about your roles, skills and opportunities.
EY is equally committed to being an inclusive employer and we strive to achieve the right balance for our people - enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing our people to build their career as well as focus on their wellbeing.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.