EY - Manager - Data Engineering - Strategy & Transactions (9-11 yrs)
EY-Strategy and Transactions (SaT)- DnA Manager
EY's Data n- Analytics team is a multi-disciplinary technology team delivering client projects and solutions across Data Management, Visualization, Business Analytics and Automation. The assignments cover a wide range of countries and industry sectors.
The opportunity :
We're looking for Manager - Data Engineering. The main objective of the role is to support cloud and on-prem platform analytics and data engineering projects initiated across engagement teams. The role will primarily involve conceptualizing, designing, developing, deploying and maintaining complex technology solutions which help EY solve business problems for the clients. This role will work closely with technical architects, product and business subject matter experts (SMEs), back-end developers and other solution architects and is also on-shore facing.
This role will be instrumental in designing, developing, and evolving the modern data warehousing solutions and data integration build-outs using cutting edge tools and platforms for both on-prem and cloud architectures. In this role you will be coming up with design specifications, documentation, and development of data migration mappings and transformations for a modern Data Warehouse set up/data mart creation and define robust ETL processing to collect and scrub both structured and unstructured data providing self-serve capabilities (OLAP) in order to create impactful decision analytics reporting.
Your key responsibilities :
- Evaluating and selecting data warehousing tools for business intelligence, data population, data management, metadata management and warehouse administration for both on-prem and cloud based engagements
- Strong working knowledge across the technology stack including ETL, ELT, data analysis, metadata, data quality, audit and design
- Design, develop, and test in ETL tool environment (GUI/canvas driven tools to create workflows)
- Experience in design documentation (data mapping, technical specifications, production support, data dictionaries, test cases, etc.)
- Provides technical leadership to a team of data warehouse and business intelligence developers
- Coordinate with other technology users to design and implement matters of data governance, data harvesting, cloud implementation strategy, privacy, and security
- Adhere to ETL/Data Warehouse development Best Practices
- Responsible for Data orchestration, ingestion, ETL and reporting architecture for both on-prem and cloud ( MS Azure/AWS/GCP)
- Assisting the team with performance tuning for ETL and database processes
Skills and attributes for success :
- 9-11 years of total experience with 5+ years in Data warehousing/ Business Intelligence field
- Solid hands-on 5+ years of professional experience with creation and implementation of data warehouses on client engagements and helping create enhancements to a data warehouse
- Strong knowledge of data architecture for staging and reporting schemas, data models and cutover strategies using industry standard tools and technologies
- Architecture design and implementation experience with medium to complex on-prem to cloud migrations with any of the major cloud platforms (preferably AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Minimum 3+ years experience in Azure database offerings [ Relational, NoSQL, Datawarehouse ]
- 3+ years hands-on experience in various Azure services preferred - Azure Data Factory,Kafka, Azure Data Explorer,
Storage, Azure Data Lake, Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure Analysis Services & Databricks
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on database design, modeling and integration experience with relational data sources, such as SQL Server databases, Oracle/MySQL, Azure SQL and Azure Synapse
- Knowledge and direct experience using business intelligence reporting tools (Power BI, Alteryx, OBIEE, Business Objects, Cognos, Tableau, MicroStrategy, SSAS Cubes etc.)
- Strong creative instincts related to data analysis and visualization.
- Aggressive curiosity to learn the business methodology, data model and user personas.
- Strong understanding of BI and DWH best practices, analysis, visualization, and latest trends.
- Experience with the software development lifecycle (SDLC) and principles of product development such as installation, upgrade and namespace management
- Willingness to mentor team members
- Solid analytical, technical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
To qualify for the role, you must have :
- Bachelor's or equivalent degree in computer science, or related field, required. Advanced degree or equivalent business experience preferred
- Fact driven and analytically minded with excellent attention to details
- Hands-on experience with data engineering tasks such as building analytical data records and experience manipulating and analysing large volumes of data
- Relevant work experience of minimum 9 to 11 years in a big 4 or technology/ consulting set up
Ideally, you- ll also have :
- Ability to think strategically/end-to-end with result-oriented mindset
- Ability to build rapport within the firm and win the trust of the clients
- Willingness to travel extensively and to work on client sites / practice office locations
What we look for :
- A Team of people with commercial acumen, technical experience and enthusiasm to learn new things in this fast-moving environment
- An opportunity to be a part of market-leading, multi-disciplinary team of 1400 + professionals, in the only integrated global transaction business worldwide.
- Opportunities to work with EY SaT practices globally with leading businesses across a range of industries
What working at EY offers :
- At EY, we- re dedicated to helping our clients, from start- ups to Fortune 500 companies - and the work we do with them is as varied as they are.
- You get to work with inspiring and meaningful projects. Our focus is education and coaching alongside practical experience to ensure your personal development. We value our employees and you will be able to control your own development with an individual progression plan. You will quickly grow into a responsible role with challenging and stimulating assignments. Moreover, you will be part of an interdisciplinary environment that emphasizes high quality
and knowledge exchange.
Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
- As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we- re using the finance products, expertise and systems we- ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we- ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
The apply button will redirect you to an external URL, please apply there as well.