EY GDS - Senior Role - Valuation (12-18 yrs)
GDS TAS Valuations :
- Within TAS, the Valuation and Business Modeling group helps clients understand the value of their business, securities, intellectual property, capital equipment, intangibles and other assets. The group is comprised of several key areas, including business valuation, business modeling, capital equipment and complex securities.
- With over 2,500 valuation professionals worldwide (300 professionals in GDS TAS), no similarly positioned global professional organization can match our breadth of capabilities or our depth of resources.
- As part of our Valuation, Modeling and Economics (VME) group, you will help clients achieve their Corporate finance agenda, with specific focus of valuing business enterprises, tangible and intangible assets, and securities. The group comprises several key services areas, including Business valuation, Business modeling, Capital equipment and Complex securities valuation
We- re looking for an Senior Professional with experience in building high-growth and successful practices, and skills in valuing business enterprises and asset classes, to join the leadership group of our EY-GDS VME team. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a leading firm whilst being instrumental in the growth of existing and new service offerings.
- The main objective of the role is to achieve business growth through opportunity identification in line with EY VME and GDS practice priorities. This is enabled through:
- Deep understanding of valuation services
- Strategic and proactive mindset to design new services and solutions
- Building productive relationships with key stakeholders in VME practices
- The role also encompasses managing service delivery from GDS to VME practices ensuring quality and timeliness, prompt redressal of issues, and achieving efficiency through innovation
- Managing large and complex valuation engagements pertaining to valuation of business enterprises and intangible assets for transactions / financial reporting / tax / restructuring purposes (such as goodwill impairment testing, purchase price allocation etc.)
- Building and developing a high-performing team of valuation professionals, through recruiting right-skilled professionals, designing and running effective learning and development programs, and continuous coaching and mentoring of team members. Approx. team size of 50 members
- Effective management of team operations, including workflow management, resource management, driving talent practices, following finance protocols, collaborative working with other TAS teams, etc.
Key performance indicators include :
- Business goals related to service delivery plan
- Innovation, including achieving efficiency and insights through new-age technologies
- Achieving strategic priorities such as new services, account focus etc.
- Talent metrics (workforce planning, L&D, retention, team feedback)
- Operational compliance
Skills and attributes for success :
- Strategic and broad-based approach to identifying and realizing growth opportunities
- Innovative mindset, enthusiasm to design and implement new innovative services and solutions
- Notable communication and ability to build relationships with clients; proven experience in producing high quality reports, papers and presentations
- Strong leadership and influencing abilities
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- A post graduate degree in Finance, Business, Economics, Accounting (CA) with relevant work experience
- Direct experience in valuation techniques and methodologies such as Discounted Cash Flow (DCF), Market comparable, Purchase price allocation, etc., with Big 4s / specialty valuation firm / investment banks / knowledge process offshoring organizations focused on financial or equity research, corporate finance function of a reputed organization, focusing on M&A / valuation activities
- Well-versed in financial modelling and writing reports
- Exceptional project management skills
- Excellent analytical, communication, organizational, interpersonal and teaming abilities
- Willingness and ability to travel, when necessary
- Strong accounting knowledge, esp. IFRS/US GAAP related to business combinations, goodwill impairment etc.
- Deep sector knowledge in 1-2 sectors from among: Financial Services, Oil and Gas, Power & utilities and Infrastructure, Technology, Consumer Products, Life Sciences
- Knowledge of new technologies and advanced modelling / data analytics techniques (VBA, statistical modelling, visualization etc.)
What working at EY offers:
At EY, we're dedicated to helping our clients, from start- ups to Fortune 500 companies - and the work we do with them is as varied as they are.