TA at EY GDS (EY Global Delivery Services)
Views:297 Applications:55 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:12
EY GDS - Assistant Manager - Data Privacy (5-8 yrs)
Job Title: Assistant Manager - Data Privacy
Group: GDS, supporting the General Counsels Office
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing team within EY. Based in the RMS-GCO team in GDS India, the role will support US Data Privacy team in advising on and coordinate data protection matters. The role will include working closely with business teams on data protection matters, including both personal data privacy and the protection of client and EY confidential information.
Your key responsibilities -
- Act as a point of contact for EYs business teams and support the US Data Privacy team.
- Provide legal advice regarding privacy, privacy impact assessments, data-sharing, and related issues to business teams
- Have a thorough understanding of general key data privacy risks that need to be managed (training will be facilitated in respect of EYs specific risk management framework)
- Assist with creating, facilitating and delivering training to the team members.
- Liaising with internal specialist functions including onshore General Counsels Office, Security, Privacy and Risk Management
- Maintaining an understanding of the impact of changes in EY policies, organizational structure, and procedures.
- Raise awareness among EY personnel regarding the importance of compliance with data protection regulations and EYs own privacy compliance program;
- Work with a team of data protection resources;
- Identify legal and regulatory risks surrounding data protection issues and implement solutions to mitigate such risks;
- Respond to requests from business stakeholders relating to applicable data protection legislation;
- Reviewing Data Privacy clauses in contracts to ensure compliance with the Data Privacy law.
- Assisting and advising on CCPA, HIPAA, Privacy and confidentiality framework etc.
Skills and attributes for success
We are looking for someone who has the following attributes and skills:
- A pragmatic problem solver
- A drive to continuously build and master key technical, functional and professional skills
- Self-starter and motivated
- Ability to effectively manage a demanding workload with tight deadlines in a fast-paced, challenging and demanding environment.
To qualify you must have
- Strong organisational and project management skills
- Excellent command of the English language
- Attention to detail
- Strong team player and proven ability to work with others
- Enthusiastic, positive and resilient
Experience and qualification
- Data Privacy lawyer with 5-8 years of substantive experience in data privacy domain and an in-depth knowledge of U.S. and EU privacy laws including GDPR, CCPA etc
- Previous experience of working in a financial or professional services environment
- Preferably relevant certifications on privacy (CIPP)
What you can look for
- You will be provided with training and coaching on the job.
- A Team of highly qualified individuals with energy and enthusiasm to learn new things in this fast-moving environment
- An opportunity to be a part of a global company and interact with privacy, legal professional and business team across the globe.
What working at EY offers
EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) is a dynamic and truly global delivery network. We work across five countries Argentina, China, India, the Philippines and Poland and with teams from all EY service lines, geographies and sectors, playing a vital role in the delivery of the EY growth strategy. From accountants to coders, we offer a wide variety of fulfilling career opportunities that span all business disciplines. In GDS, you will collaborate with EY teams on exciting projects and work with well-known brands from across the globe. Well introduce you to an ever-expanding ecosystem of people, learning, skills and insights that will stay with you throughout your career.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, were using the finance products, expertise and systems weve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, well make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now