EY GDS - Assistant Director - Parthenon - Corporate Finance Strategy Team (12-14 yrs)
As part of our Corporate Finance Strategy team, you will help clients develop their investment strategies and evaluate potential transactions. Working with EY's proprietary Capital Agenda framework, you will help clients determine the best way to raise, invest, optimize and preserve their capital. This includes developing growth and market entry strategies, conducting strategic portfolio reviews and undertaking commercial due diligence studies. The client base spans all industry sectors and includes blue chip corporates, multinational investors and Private Equity firms. -
The responsibilities of an Assistant Director will include:
The main objective is to achieve business growth by developing and maintaining strong working relationships with key business decision-makers, informing them of our scope of services and communicating how these services benefit their organizations.
- Work on both on-onsite and off-site consulting engagements and provide value-adds for final input
- Lead engagement teams of 25 - 30 people executing consulting services which support key decision makers in developing and executing their transaction, financing or operational decisions.
- Perform detailed reviews.
- Use an issue-based approach to deliver growth, market and portfolio strategy engagements for corporates.
- Lead teams undertaking commercial due diligence studies for financial investors
- Support business development activities through both leading specific pursuits and developing long-standing advisory relationships with senior clients
- Participate actively in the building of an industry segment practice across EY service lines
- Contribute to the development of intellectual capital in service line and industry practices
Functional expertise in the following areas is a must to consult on strategy :
- Growth strategies
- Market entry assessments
- Portfolio reviews
- Strategic options analysis
- Operational improvements
- Commercial due diligence
- Post-merger integration
- Carve-out / Divestment
To qualify, candidates must have:
- Educated to Masters level from Tier 1 B-Schools
- Experience in executing and managing research and analysis of companies and markets, preferably with commercial due diligence experience;
- A minimum of 12 years of direct experience in Strategy Consulting or experience in a Corporate Finance role in an organization
- Preferable exposure to Engagement Management in top consulting firms
- Advanced knowledge and experience in any of the following sectors will be added advantage - Consumer Products, Technology, and Life Sciences
- Excellent analytical, communication, organizational, interpersonal, and teaming skills
- Willingness to travel, when necessary