EY GDS - Assistant Director - Knowledge/Sustainability & Utilities (10-18 yrs)
EY GDS - Knowledge - Sustainability & Utilities - Assistant Director
Job Summary :
In a fast-changing and uncertain world, the right insights make the difference between seizing an opportunity and missing it entirely. EY Knowledge helps EY to win in the market by providing the right insights at the right time through an agile, client-first organization.
This Domain Analyst position will see you provide deep insights and perspectives on the Energy & Resources Industry to EY leadership, participate in client meetings and external events to strengthen EY's presence and reputation in the market, and mentor more junior analysts to develop their commercial and analytic skills.
The Opportunity :
- EY recognizes the power of knowledge to anticipate change, unlock value and drive growth. As the Energy & Resources Analyst (specifically focused on Energy Transition and Power & Utilities), you will provide powerful insight to EY's Energy & Resources leaders and practitioners related to their external market positioning and client service.
- You will combine strong analytical skills and a strategic mindset with real-world perspectives driven by an understanding of client issues and broader marketplace drivers.
- You will have a key role to connect and collaborate across our global network of Knowledge Analysts along with our Industries and Service Lines business network to further strengthen the quality of your insights.
- Domain Analysts work closely with the Energy & Resources and GDS Domain Knowledge Leader, other Domain Analysts / Knowledge Managers to support the domain's leadership and other senior stakeholders, providing thought-provoking content to help EY differentiate itself in the marketplace and proactively helping to identify new business opportunities and risks.
Key aspects of this role include :
- Engaging with and challenging EY senior leadership to provide commercial and provocative perspectives on the issues, challenges and opportunities facing our clients in the industry
- Co-creating insights beyond publicly available information, interacting with EY leaders and external networks to build proprietary data sets and evidence for differentiated points of view
- Leading/contributing to multidisciplinary teams for delivery of strategic and complex projects, often working virtually across industries, service lines and geographies
- Ensuring an outcome-focused approach to creating and activating external thought leadership by championing the content strategy and using the six-step process and content business case (editorial brief).
- Developing a credible internal brand to become recognized within EY as a subject matter expert for the business.
- Participate in client meetings, round tables and other external events/conferences to strengthen EY's presence and reputation in the market.
- Collaborates with Knowledge colleagues to proactively alert stakeholders regarding changes among key clients and competitors and assesses the impact of those changes on internal strategies and plans.
- Identifies cross-sector Point of View (POV) sharing opportunities and collaborates with other domain teams on issues that cut across EY's business activities.
- Acts as a role model within EY Knowledge and the domain, championing the use of EY Knowledge methodologies and positively influencing change by leading by example; championing knowledge-sharing behaviors; connecting people; encouraging enterprise-wide sharing; and appropriately leveraging and reusing existing collateral.
- Working as a subject matter expert focusing on powerful insights for the Domain as an individual contributor with an expectation to mentor and coach junior members on developing distinctive insights.
Key Requirements :
- MBA/Master's degree or postgraduate qualification preferable
- Bachelor's degree and applicable relevant work experience can also be considered
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in strategy, business analysis, industry research, management consulting or business performance, advising organizations in the Power & Utilities sector, Energy Transition and Sustainability in Energy & Resources.
- Possess deep understanding of the applicable domain, strong analytical skills and the ability to develop a point of view.
- Comfortable working with senior stakeholders and interfacing with stakeholders and internal customers at different levels of seniority.
- Willingness to build a network of internal contacts to help support domain and broader business objectives.
- Previous experience of working on domain databases (as applicable - maybe sector specific).
- Collaborative and able to work well as part of a geographically dispersed multidisciplinary and multicultural project team.
- Capable of putting individual projects/initiatives into a "big picture" context and credible experience working in a fast-moving, client-centric environment.
- Proficient in English with well-structured oral and written communications skills; able to explain difficult concepts in a clear, concise and graphic-rich style, using appropriate analytics and visualization tools.
- Ability to take ownership for delivering customized projects with a degree of autonomy; adept at leading several projects simultaneously.
- Comfortable with occasional travel and working flexible hours, across multiple time zones.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.