Assistant Manager at Ernst & Young
Views:12852 Applications:359 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:47
EY - Direct/Corporate Taxation Role (3-10 yrs)
The opportunity :
Due to continuing expansion, we have new opportunities for ambitious individuals to join our Tax Team as - Direct Tax.
Your key responsibilities :
- Leading and coordinating the planning and management of assignments- pricing, billing and recovery, maximizing fee opportunities with guidance from the Partner.
- Develop sound value based solutions and apply technical knowledge in the delivery of complex solutions to clients.
- Understand macro and strategic issues on client engagements.
- Develop specialized competence and begin to attract recognition within own service line as a technical resource for that specialization.
- Participate in own Service line teams or special projects across the firm.
- Creating / managing independent relationships with clients and building broad networks within the firm locally and internationally.
- Contribute to firm's profitability by generating additional work from existing clients and supporting in selling new client proposals.
- Expands opportunities with existing clients, identifies and acts on referrals in relation to the Service Line.
- Providing perspective to clients on trends and emerging practices in the local and global market in relation to client's operations.
- Is involved in developing new products, services and delivery methods linked to the area of specialization.
- Responsible for handling straightforward risk management issues and progressively taking on greater risk management responsibility while ensuring compliance to risk management strategies, plans and activities.
- Strong contribution to knowledge sharing efforts. Improving processes so that the team and firm capture and leverage knowledge.
- Proactively taking up a leadership role, working in cross service line engagements, mentor and coach team members and help in resolving people issues of the group.
Skills and attributes for success
- Excellent managerial, organizational, analytical and verbal/written communication skills
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, professional services environment
- Strong analytical ability, logical and problem-solving approach on complex issues.
- Strong marketing and business development skills.
- In depth understanding of competition and competitor strategies.
- Technical competence in Tax and also the industry / specialized field
- Strong leadership skills [create a high-performance climate; serves as a role model, mentor, coach]
To qualify for the role you must have :
- Chartered Accountant with 3-10 years of post-qualification experience.
- Relevant experience in tax (Corporate tax, Personal tax, Expat tax, Transfer pricing, International Tax)
Ideally you- ll also have :
- Strong communication, facilitation, relationship-building, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Be highly flexible, adaptable, and creative.
- Comfortable interacting with senior executives (within the firm and at the client)
What we look for
People with the ability to work in a collaborative way to provide services across multiple client departments while adhering to commercial and legal requirements. You will need a practical approach to solving issues and complex problems with the ability to deliver insightful and practical solutions.
What working at EY offers
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we- re using the finance products, expertise and systems we- ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we- ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.