Assistant Manager at EY
Views:4940 Applications:624 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:444
EY - Consultant - Direct Tax - CA (0-2 yrs)
Consultant-Tax -Direct Tax
The opportunity :-
EY is looking for Consultant in the Direct Tax team with the main objective to help the core Tax teams deliver quality deliverables / solutions using general tax knowledge gained from training or education and assistance from more experienced tax professionals and contribute to the profitable growth by ensuring client engagements are executed in an efficient manner.
Your key responsibilities:
- Assist seniors in replying to queries raised by clients on corporate tax matters wherein issues may range from capital gains, tax payments, preparation of return of income, etc.
- Undertaking technical research on income-tax provisions impacting the taxation of clients;
- Preparing submissions in relation to assessment and appellate proceedings in the case of clients and support seniors in representation before the income-tax authorities;
- Appearing before the income-tax authorities on routine matters concerning the clients
- Support in handling administrative responsibilities for clients allocated to you such as engagement letters, internal QRM, filing of client papers, billing follow-up, etc.
- Client responsibilities: Conduct the engagement in a professional manner and in accordance with client expectations and as defined by the terms and conditions of the contract
- Exhibit positive attitude and demonstrate willingness to learn.
- Work constructively with team to evaluate and improve personal and team performance.
- Contribute and leverage knowledge from individuals, databases and other sources.
- Provide timely and high-quality services and work products that exceed client expectations.
- Participate in executing work within a group by assisting by delivering work effectively, and teaming with tax professionals to provide comprehensive tax solutions.
- Ensure that the areas of work assigned are executed in accordance with the work programme and the firm's methodologies and guidance, and professional standards.
- Use electronic working papers, efficiently including various software applications and sources of knowledge in an appropriate manner to conduct research.
- Acquire and demonstrate competence in technical knowledge, and compliance process by keeping up to date on trends, developments and technical authorities and apply them to moderately complex situations.
- Analyze and convert data into a tax product (advisory/compliance) and ensure accuracy and timeliness of the product.
- Where applicable thoroughly check documents and make available for tax inspections in an appropriate manner.
- Demonstrate professionalism through a positive and cooperative attitude and by maintaining the confidential and proprietary nature of client relationships and related work products.
Skills and attributes for success:-
- Proficient in MS word, excel, power point.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong Analytical/Numerical ability.
- Good interpersonal skills, enthusiastic and Self Starter
To qualify for the role you must have
- Qualified Chartered Accountant
- 0-2 years of experience in direct tax
Ideally you'll also have:-
- Strong communication, facilitation, relationship-building, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Be highly flexible, adaptable, and creative.
- Comfortable interacting with senior executives (within the firm and at the client)
- Comfortable in travelling within the designated city limits / other locations for work related matters