Talent Acquisition at EY GDS
Views:282 Applications:58 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
EY - Business Consulting Manager - Financial Services Risk Management - Enterprise Risk & Controls Transformation (10-14 yrs)
EY's Financial Services Office (FSO) is a unique, industry-focused business unit that provides a broad range of integrated services that leverage deep industry experience with strong functional capability and product knowledge. FSO practice provides integrated consulting services to financial institutions and other capital markets participants, including commercial banks, investment banks, broker-dealers, asset managers (traditional and alternative), insurance and energy trading companies, and the Corporate Treasury functions of leading Fortune 500 Companies. The service offerings provided by the FSO Business Consulting include market, credit and operational risk management, regulatory consulting, quantitative consulting, structured finance transaction, actuarial consulting, technology enablement, risk and security, program consulting, and process & controls.
Within EY's FSO Business Consulting, the Financial Services Risk Management (FSRM) group provides solutions that can help FSO clients to identify, measure, manage and monitor the market (trading book), credit (banking book), operational, and regulatory risks associated with their trading, asset-liability management, capital management and other capital markets activities.
Within FSRM, the Business Consulting team assists clients with issues of risk management with a focus risk governance (i.e., including Board and management oversight, risk culture, risk appetite and limit setting across the three lines of defense), control design, control effectiveness assessment, and optimization of the risk controls framework across the three lines of defense in support of our clients business strategies. In Enterprise Risk and Controls Transformation you would be expected to:
- Contribute to large-scale client engagements while consistently delivering quality client services within expected time frames and budgets
- Lead and motivate teams with diverse skills and backgrounds to foster innovation and an inclusive, team-oriented work environment
- Contribute to the generation of new business opportunities for the Enterprise Control Transformation practice to develop long-term client relationships, understand the changing business and regulatory environment, and actively assess/present ways to serve clients
- Work in a leading-edge environment surrounded by some of the most engaging and knowledgeable colleagues in the business who have deep risk management, regulatory, governance and monitoring experience
Clients include large domestic and global financial institutions, broker-dealers, foreign banking organizations, asset management firms with significant capital markets activities. Project teams frequently work with the senior management of these firms, including CFOs and CROs.
Must have qualifications
- Master's degree in business administration (finance) with at least 10 years of relevant work experience out of which 2-3 years of project lead or team lead experience
- Experience with banking and capital markets, asset management, or insurance industries, with a specific focus on enterprise risk management, an understanding of the risk management life cycle, topics of risk governance, and internal controls
- Knowledge of a range of financial products (derivatives, equities, fixed income, etc.)
- Regulatory knowledge and industry insight that can be applied to serve clients within the context of enterprise risk. This includes direct knowledge of key regulations, including the Enhanced Prudential Standards, Heightened Standards, Basel, Dodd-Frank including (Stress testing and CCAR), and the resulting implications to enterprise risk governance requirements
- Knowledge of financial and/or regulatory processes, key controls and reconciliations, starting from transaction capture to aggregation/consolidation to financial and regulatory reporting
- Experience developing and maintaining a risk management control framework
- Knowledge of various control types, test approaches, sampling methodologies, analysing evidence and test results to identify control weakness, and defining action plans to remediate controls weaknesses
- Knowledge and/or Experience in risk governance (including risk operating model, risk policy, appetite or culture)1
- Experience with projects involving the design or operation of elements of the risk management life cycle (including risk identification and profiling, risk assessment and measurement, risk metrics and monitoring or risk measurement) in the banking and capital markets, asset management, or insurance industries
- Experience conducting current state/future-state assessments, business process redesign, and target operating models OR in a second line of defense risk management or risk management project role within the financial services industry
- Strong problem solving and solution development skills
- Ability to liaise with business and technical teams of all levels including senior management
- Automation/innovation mindset
- Professional English language written and verbal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Prior consulting experience with a Big 4 firm or large global financial institution
- Certifications such as FRM, CFA, CPA, APRM, PRM
- Risk management systems knowledge/experience
- Risk management consulting experience
- Willingness to travel to meet client needs
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.