Assistant Manager at EY GDS (EY Global Delivery Services)
Views:1328 Applications:254 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:24
EY - Associate Director - Infrastructure Advisory - Power Utility/Transport/Social Infra Sector (15-18 yrs)
EY Global Delivery Services
Strategy and Transactions - Infrastructure advisory
EY is a global professional services organisation providing advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services. We have ambitious goals for 2020. Globally, we want to be #1 or #2 in professional services and be the best brand. To achieve this, our teams need to perform at the highest level-EY is among the world's most attractive employers. It offers opportunities & experiences that bring out the best in its people at work everyday:
- Collaborating with diverse teams across the globe helps our people develop a global mind-set.
- It develops outstanding leaders who team to deliver on its promises to all stakeholders.
In so doing, EY plays a critical role in building a better working world for its people, for its clients and for communities.
GDS is EY's global client service delivery vehicle and is founded on an extended teaming model. With operations across the globe, GDS offers seamless service delivery to 80 countries across EY through its "High Performing Teams".
GDS India has won several Global HR awards for its people practices, including #1 ranking in the "Dream companies to work. For the sixth consecutive year, we've been ranked the "Best Place to work for" in the - Great Place to Work- survey.
Strategy and Transactions (SaT) is among the fastest-growing practices of EY globally, delivering Transaction diligence, Valuation & modeling, M&A and Infrastructure advisory, Strategy, Transaction strategy execution, and Turnaround and Restructuring services to clients around the world.
GDS SaT professionals work as extended team to global SaT practices, to deliver insights, analytics and advice to our clients that determines how they strategically raise, invest, preserve and optimize their capital.
SaT offers you:
- First-hand knowledge of how the economic climate is changing
- Team of people with commercial acumen, technical experience and enthusiasm for a fast-moving environment
- To be a part of market-leading, multi-disciplinary team of about 1500+ professionals, in the only integrated global transaction business worldwide
- Opportunities to work with EY SaT practices globally with leading businesses across a range of industries
We are committed to providing learning opportunities to our employees through robust training and global secondment opportunities.
GDS Infrastructure advisory (IA)
EY's Infrastructure Advisory team advises clients across the entire life cycle of a capital project, program or asset. The teams assist on greenfield development of new assets, as well as the sale and purchase of infrastructure investments and the refinancing of existing projects. Our services range across strategy, procurement, construction, operations and exit, for government, public sector and private sector clients.
GDS IA practice is integrated with EY IA practices across the globe, and work across project lifecycle - from proposals, to evaluation, to impact assessment. Key infrastructure sectors covered at GDS are Power & Utilities, Transport, Telecom and Social Infrastructure.
We have over 1,500 IA professionals worldwide and close to 60 in GDS IA, positioning us strongly in the IA advisory market both globally, as well as in offshoring space in India. providing a vast range of services including proposals and RFP responses for winning new engagements; performing project evaluation, bid evaluation, and financial capability assessment to identify appropriate partners for the project; prepare financial models for feasibility assessment, cost-benefit analyses; tracking impact and benefits from the project. We also perform extensive sector research and study public-private partnerships to evaluate
Role: Associate Director, Infrastructure advisory
- To support our ambition of achieving exceptional growth, innovative offerings and world-class talent development, we are looking for a competent and enthusiastic leader for our IA practice.
-GDS IA practice provides a vast range of services including proposals and RFP responses for winning new engagements; performing project evaluation, bid evaluation, and financial capability assessment to identify appropriate partners for the project; prepare financial models for feasibility assessment, cost-benefit analyses; tracking impact and benefits from the project. We also perform extensive sector research and study public-private partnerships to evaluate the social and financial impact and determine appropriate structure for infrastructure projects.
- Provide dynamic and agile leadership to achieve growth and innovation in services. Build new markets and generate demand for GDS services through continuous dialogue with stakeholders
- Develop deep understanding of the markets and key clients to identify opportunities for new services and solutions, that drive sustainable growth and future-proof our business; lead conversations with stakeholders with consulting and problem-solving mindset
- Leverage own functional knowledge and project management experience to ensure high quality output and robust service delivery on engagements; coach and guide the team on complex functional issues and have a robust learning and development program for continuous skill development
- Engagements include preparing proposals and RFP responses, performing sector research and analysing infrastructure projects for feasibility and impact; helping clients through the entire project lifecycle with project evaluation, bid evaluation, financial / cost-benefit modelling, procurement design, through to closure and exit.
- For private sector clients, engagement scope involves advice and management of strategic capital allocation, transactions, asset sales, and divestments. Our services comprise performing outside-in-analysis to identify portfolio management and capital allocation structure; developing Industry factbooks and points of view papers; performing feasibility studies and business plan assessment
- Deep functional and infrastructure sector knowledge is required to ensure value-driven and insightful results
- Lead high-complexity engagements and critical account relationships to build a successful partnership and become a trusted advisor to clients and EY onsite leaders
- Adopt new-age technology to enhance value of output and efficiency in processes; drive team towards continuous innovation in services and ways of working
- Measure and monitor key performance metrics and make required interventions to bring performance on course
- Be a transformative team leader and lead the team towards excellence and highest level of performance by providing diverse opportunities and motivation; create a culture of strong teaming and sense of belongingness through an open-minded and compassionate approach
- Strengthen diversity and inclusiveness in the team by proactive interventions aligned with EY D&I priorities
To qualify, a candidate must have:
- Post-graduate in Management / MBA from a reputed institute, with specialization in Finance / Power / Infrastructure Management, or Master's in Public Policy, with 15+ years of related work experience in infrastructure advisory and project managing infrastructure projects for public / private sector corporates, or top consulting companies
- Proficiency and deep knowledge in one of more of the infrastructure sub-sectors (Transport, P&U, Social infra, Urban infra, Telecom etc.) with experience of working with clients in designing and implementing infrastructure projects. Exposure to global set-up will be preferred.
- 5+ years experience in leadership role, setting-up and expanding service delivery teams, driving transformation and innovation, and achieving challenging growth targets
- Experience of managing senior stakeholders; developing and scaling up business opportunities
- Proficient in using data and information to draw insights, along with ability to present a compelling story through impactful presentations and visual tools. Preference to those with strong data analytics skills
- Strong communication and influencing ability
- Excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal, and teaming skills
- Willingness and ability to travel, when required
EY GDS is an equal employment opportunity employer
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That's how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.