Business Associate at Dhruv HR
Views:155 Applications:16 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:15
External Audit Manager (6-8 yrs)
- Audit Manager (Kampala, Uganda) for an International Accounting firm.
- Professionals with experience with Indian external auditing experience will only be considered.
- Team size: Managing a team of Assistant Managers, Senior Associate & Associates
Experience & qualifications :
- 6 - 8 years' experience in external audit at a senior level.
- CPA/ACCA professional qualification or equivalent.
- Qualified chartered accountant with minimum 4 years of post-qualification in audit preferably with highly reputable accounting firms.
- 5 years experience managing or supervising audit teams.
- Strong technical knowledge to include IFRS and GAAP.
Skills & personal attributes :
- Leadership skills with the ability to manage and develop a high performing team and carry out effective performance reviews.
- Excellent organizational, planning, administrative and time management skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple engagements.
- Report writing and presentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Excellent IT skills, Windows based applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Teams and others)
- Ability to handle clients' information with confidential.
- Professional and trustworthy.
JOB SUMMARY :
In this position, you will be responsible for organizing and managing audits, ensuring that all work allocated is carried out profitably and timely in accordance with the firm's professional standards and to the satisfaction of clients and engagement partners. Further, you will ensure that all staff under your supervision are managed and developed to the maximum of their potential.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE:
1. Markets :
- Actively involved in the development and presentation of proposals for new engagements.
- Reviews proposals for prospective work projects and ensures that proposals are developed with the full understanding of the clients' needs.
- Is aware of the wide range of Company's services and spots opportunities to market them and suggests innovative products to address the clients' needs.
- Is actively involved in office marketing events when appropriate and is an 'ambassador' of the firm.
- Builds positive professional relationships with clients, using his/her network of contacts to identify selling opportunities.
- Liaises with other departments to maximize client satisfaction.
2. Clients :
- Responsible for managing a diverse client portfolio. This involves managing client relationships and a team of auditors at various levels of experience and qualifications.
- Works with the Audit Partner in establishing audit objectives and overall scope, engages with all relevant stakeholders and ensures technical feasibility.
- Proactively driving the audit process from start to finish, ensuring that the client deadline is met through an efficient and effective audit, delivering a high-quality service.
- Applies knowledge of current issues in audit, accounting, financial reporting standards, regulatory requirements, and industry specific concerns to client engagements, identifies where they may impact a client and reflects these in the audit documentation.
- Manages multiple deadlines and relationships, both internally and externally, with staff, partners, and clients, highlighting audit issues and risks and ensuring all queries are dealt with through the team.
- Reviews the work of in-charge Audit Assistant Managers, Senior Associates and Associates and provides expertise guidance where needed.
- Responsible for managing the smooth running of all aspects of the audit process, ensuring audit files are reviewed and completed to an exceptionally high standard within required deadlines.
- Determines that all audit reports reflect the work performed and meet set reporting and auditing standards.
- Finalizes draft reports and submit them to the Partners.
- Remains updated about the clients' business and is the key contact for day-to-day inquiries and queries.
- Follows through on any concerns regarding an audit assignment with the Audit Partner and manages to balance risks and commercial returns.
- Adheres to the firm's risk management policies and procedures, including being familiar with and consulting the audit manual and guiding junior staff on application of procedures.
- Plans and co-ordinates all aspects of audit planning, including staffing requirements.
- Responsible for managing audit teams on specific assignments, with specific line management responsibility for a group of staff to ensure audit work is appropriately completed to satisfy audit objectives.
- Drives quality checks to ensure quality deliverable s.
- Manages, motivates, coaches and effectively leads a team, providing regular individual feedback to team members, manages performance, identifies and recommends relevant training and development options.
- Leads on team communications, meetings, and guides them in executing weekly work plans.
- Organises, attends and contributes to departmental and other company's meetings.
- Sets direction for the team and builds team commitment to achievement of departmental goals and targets.
- Demonstrates commitment to the role and the team by acting as a role model and taking on additional responsibilities from the wider Company's when necessary.
- Attends training courses as identified to develop both technical and soft skills and keeps records for compliance purposes.
- Controls the audit in relation to timescales, budgets and risk management procedures.
- Consistently meets deadlines and understands the commercial implications of actions relating to productivity, recoverability, fee income and client service.
- Displays up to date technical knowledge by attending all mandatory audit and accounting training, completing all required Software & Tools Training within deadlines set and applying this training to audit work where appropriate.
- Demonstrates expertise knowledge of prevailing accounting standards as well as accounting disclosure requirements of the jurisdiction by applying knowledge to allocated work.
- Accurately records time spent, documents reasons for overruns and agrees additional fees with the client.
- Communicates workload with the Audit Partner.
- Ensures achievement of billing targets and collection of outstanding fees.
- Ensures compliance with Company's and its International Standards in the entire voyager file.
- Handles client meetings along with the Partner.
- Reviews and approves budgets, driving efficiency and value to maximize cashflow.
- Prepares monthly departmental reports and attends the monthly meetings with the Partners.
- Performs any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Audit Partner.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.