Recruitment Head at Exly
Views:1486 Applications:315 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:99
Exly - Head - Digital Marketing (8-15 yrs)
Headquartered in California and Y Combinator backed, Exly is a Shopify-like platform in creator economy space for creators & knowledge professionals (coaches, instructors, experts, artists etc.) to launch, manage and grow their business online.
Founded by IIT/ IIM/ BITS/ Yale/ BCG Alumni and 3X Entrepreneurs, we are well funded and backed by top Indian VC firms along with start-up veterans like Kunal Shah (CRED). The company is founded by alumni from top IITs, IIMs, BITS, Yale including ex-entrepreneurs and from firms such as BCG, Hike, Dunzo and P&G.
Since the launch of Exly's first version in December 2020 we have grown 25X. Creators have earned more than $1 Million since launch through Exly.
We have just closed our series A (yet to announce) and are looking to build out our leadership team across functions.
- Listed at 30 startups to watch - Inc42
- Exly: Empowering creators to build businesses - Financial Express
About the role:
The Head of Marketing will own and drive the end-to-end marketing stack for the entire organization. You will report directly to the founders and will work independently/with the senior team dependent on goals and aligned objectives. Marketing Strategies, Ideas and Execution - Ideate, iterate, and execute marketing strategies that help in growing Exly's client base and achieve our marketing goals.
- Responsible for leading all of Exly's marketing & comms initiatives - Drive market leadership by distributing our product to 1M+ creators & building a strong brand
- 5+ yrs leading marketing at top early-stage startups; experience in SMM, brand building, performance, SEO and other innovative channels to drive high quality MQLs.
- Build and lead a results-driven growth marketing function. Partner with Sales and Marketing leadership to define the team's objectives and goals within the larger marketing organization and business.
- Define the appropriate mix of campaign elements (including account-based marketing, search, social, direct mail, email, webinars, events, content syndication, direct response online, etc.)
- Create and test campaign messages, landing pages, and lead nurturing to optimize conversions and lead quality.
- Implement metrics and reporting for various marketing programs, campaigns and pipeline results.
- Consistently use data to iterate and improve marketing programs and results. Own the entire closed loop demand generation process, from initial awareness to hand-off to sales, and follow-up.
- Manage and develop the standards and best practices for campaigns, marketing operations, and reporting.
- Developing PR campaigns and developing a relationship with various industry stakeholders, to ensure Brand / product advocacy on relevant forums. Setting up marketing technologies to monitor the campaign effectiveness.
The successful applicant will be:
- Someone who has scaled the marketing function through the growth stage of any B2B SaaS preferably one of the well-known SaaS companies in India or has seen the growth of an organisation from Series A to atleast Series C.
- The ideal candidate would have had 10+ years of overall experience with similar experience in a leadership role for last 2 years, worked in a digital-first marketing role, managed a team of 8-10 and is seasoned with Performance Marketing, Content Marketing, SEO, Ads, Branding.
- Individual contributor experience of around 3 years with responsibility for organic growth and/or demand generation.
- Experience of managing teams focused on different functions of Marketing.
- Wide breadth and depth of experience in organic, performance and product marketing.
- Expert level knowledge & hands-on experience in use of marketing automation & data systems.
- An analytical approach to solve complex problems with a sharp eye on ROI and creative flair.
- Willing and eager to roll up your sleeves to step in for your team, if needed.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written and verbal).
- Familiarity with working in cross-functional environment and distributed team setups.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work with highly talented, motivated and committed people.
- Great learning opportunity in a fast paced ecosystem.
- Opportunity to work on products that will shape industry's next generation offerings.
- Opportunity to own products and observe impact of your work.
- Flexible yet result oriented work culture
- Ample growth opportunities